Quality issues

Azza

On my brand new controller I have rubber handles, and the rubber part started rubbing of after two days. Jeez I would've spent 30$ for a quality grip, but I'm stuck with shoddy aftermarket parts. One paddle is looser than the other after light use. Otherwise I love the controller.

In regards to the paddle I had this issue on arrival of my berserker but was easily fixed if you have the right tool I forget what it is a torx maybe? pretty common and easily self fixable

modded matt

I do not know what "Grip" you are speaking of, but All paddles will loosen up with use, this is a simple adjustment with an Allen wrench.

odingalt

Staff member
Azza, what colors were the grips? Are you able to snap a pic with your cell phone and post it?

The grips pop on and off and it's something you can do pretty easily if you don't want to send it back. We can ship a replacement pair. Or if you'd rather ship it in we'd be happy to swap them out.

Drastic

These are experimental for us. Thanks for sharing the photo. This is terrible. Looks like we need to look for another alternative.

Rather than trying to re-invent the wheel, wondering if Viking should just buy wholesale from someone like this? http://www.squidgrip.com/Product/ViewProduct/XBOX-ONE

wouldn't you guys (viking) have to cut out some parts of these grips because of the tac switches on the front?
be awesome if you guys sold these separately!

Azza

It's actually gotten worse. There is about no grip left.

If Viking had scuf grip that'd be great.

odingalt

Staff member
If we were scuf it would take 6 months to get your order :)

Attachments

• scuff-bbb-alert-2.jpg
    scuff-bbb-alert-2.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 16
  • scuff-bbb-alert-1.jpg
    scuff-bbb-alert-1.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 11

usjot

same for me, rubber started peeling almost day one, but im just making do, as i have had the controller less then a month

odingalt

Staff member
Looks like we need to discontinue these and get better solution. What do you guys think of the squid handles (so long as the tac switches are in the right place)?