PS4 Berserker.

odingalt

Staff member
I had the assembly line going on Sunday night, got #1 built, loaded the test firmware, and it failed. Found one hardware bug (easy fix, just added a jumper) but a billion software bugs. Some of these bugs were just associated with PS4 but a lot seemed to be inherent to the Berserker code base (i.e. also affecting XBOX One) Spent the last two nights burning the midnight oil but it's solved. The first PS4 Berserker off the production assembly line is humming along nicely. I took the opportunity to take those bug fixes that I found and roll them for XBOX One Berserker as well. Back to building controllers. Linda is keeping in touch with everyone by e-mail.

We are turtling over the finish line. Tuesday and Wednesday will be gluing of tac switches and USB jacks, final assembly, final testing, etc. etc. With the software bugs out of the way and the pre-orders about halfway done in assembly line fashion, shipping is imminent.

Linda is keeping in touch with everyone by e-mail with the official status updates as far as which customer controllers will ship exaclty when. We will have a couple out Wednesday, a couple more out Thursday and the rest on Friday I imagine. I am building/assembling/testing all of the pre-order builds personally myself.

odingalt

Staff member
PS4 Berserker pre-orders start shipping! We have two built, assembled, programmed, tested, boxed, and ready to go.

We had eight PS4 Berserker pre-orders total. Two down. Working on the remaining six today.

malvin

PS4 Berserker pre-orders start shipping! We have two built, assembled, programmed, tested, boxed, and ready to go.

We had eight PS4 Berserker pre-orders total. Two down. Working on the remaining six today.

Were you able to finish off the rest ?

odingalt

Staff member
Wife and kids down with the flu and missed a day from work but I'm going to finish them this weekend if it kills me. I have only 3 left to ship! And they are like 3/4 built and sitting here begging to be finished.

malvin

Wife and kids down with the flu and missed a day from work but I'm going to finish them this weekend if it kills me. I have only 3 left to ship! And they are like 3/4 built and sitting here begging to be finished.

ok thanks .. hope the fam feels better take care of them first

malvin

Is there any update on the last of the PS4 Berserker's being finished/shiped ... still waiting on mine .. :(

odingalt

Staff member
Never could solve a critical software bug with the PS4 Berserker. The PS4 controller itself samples the buttons so fast and so frequently that the Berserker modchip doesn't have enough time to run through all it's calculations and work and get back to hijacking the button inputs/outputs fast enough. The Berserker code works great on XBOX One because the XBOX One doesn't just sit there and repeatedly hammer away at the button polling over and over and over again. The PS4 polls randomly and sometimes it stacks two button polls back to back. It wasn't a problem for the old Ragnarok but the Ragnarok wasn't doing as much calculation as the Berserker does.

Also Viking retail is now dead. https://forums.vikingdigital.com/threads/where-are-you-viking.6570/#post-54144