XB1 Berserker tear down help

joec0x

I want to dust off my macro and start using it again, but my OCD wont let me due to my Dpad being janky and not laying right (speculation) causing my inputs to need serious mashing to go through. Has anyone taken theirs apart? if so, pictures? tips?

Like I said, this is only to try and fix some very small issues.

joec0x

There are two different versions of the Berserker modchip inside. One was a flex PCB that was soldered in, and another was a solderless PCB that pops on (well also there are a bunch of wires and other stuff).

I only ever made a manual for the flex Berserker but we sold just as many or more solderless Berserkers. Anyway here is the one manual I do have:

https://www.vikingdigital.com/downl...X-One-Installation-Instructions-2-14-2014.pdf
thank you!
so in theory, all i would need to do is remove the main 5 screws and be careful of the ring of lights wiring while adjusting the dpad? if im right, seems easy enough.
would love to have the paddle portion filled in on for remap chip setups with the revd

since i have paddles, i imagine mine is using the solderless chip, would this mean the ROL flex cable is routed differently?

also, any chance viking will reboot itself in the future?

Last edited:

joec0x

Ok so, I opened it up and shifted my dpad around. But it's still being really strange. It's tactile but glitching. I believe the solderless chip is messing with the dpad functions. I would like to mail you this and pay for a repair if possible