10/16/2009 - New Circuit board!! Wireless 'CG2' pictures

odingalt

Staff member
***Special Rules for this thread: Please keep discussion on-topic. No flaming, period. I will be managing this particular thread heavily as it is exciting news (to me anyway). Please do not be offended if your post is edited or removed to help keep everything on topic.***

Brand new 360 wireless circuit board has surfaced! I hereby proclaim this the 'Wireless CG2' circuit board.

Lo-res photos attached to this forum post. Until we can get these hosted on viking360.com, check out MediaFire for the hi-res photos.

Viking Sleeper instructions are already made and about to be hosted, we'll be working on the Duo instructions next. Will require a quick firmware tweak as well, so stay tuned. Thanks for stopping by.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=eb9928cd720834bbd6baebe61b361f7ce04e75f6e8ebb871

CustomzModz

Does this mean you need a new code and software? Or is it just something where I need to find new solder traces?
Thanks!
/D

odingalt

Staff member
CustomzModz said:
Does this mean you need a new code and software? Or is it just something where I need to find new solder traces?
Thanks!
/D

Yes to all of the above. You will need to find new traces. I just uploaded install instructions to the DIY kit products page.

However, using the current software, the modchip will never turn off. I.e. the mod chip will be on, and the LED3/LED4 will be on, as soon as you put the batteries in. I'm working on software updates right now that I'll be releasing on the web one at a time. I have to re-write the code for every single game, so I'm starting with the 'all-in-one' preset. I also added matrix support for the 'all-in-one' preset and will be posing some wiring instructions for matrix. Matrix will be a limited-feature - dual trigger rapidfire and USB ONLY - none of the other buttons or glitches.

haVOC1787

I have bought like 5 controllers looking for the new board. No luck yet dam gamestop having old shit. When I find the controller I will post trace points ect.

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah we're seeing a potpourri of boards, mostly matrix when we order White controllers, CG1's when we order red controllers in the PnC package, and CG1/CG2 when we order black controllers in the PnC package. Of course black controllers by themselves still seem to be matrix.

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah it wasn't until about 2 weeks ago we saw 'CG2' controllers in the Black PnC packs. I'm not saying you can't still buy black pnc pack controllers with CG1 boards. Just that the distributor that we buy from happened to have the black pnc packs with CG2 boards last time we put in a bulk order.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
Yeah it wasn't until about 2 weeks ago we saw 'CG2' controllers in the Black PnC packs. I'm not saying you can't still buy black pnc pack controllers with CG1 boards. Just that the distributor that we buy from happened to have the black pnc packs with CG2 boards last time we put in a bulk order.
seriously how big is "bulk" :?: :?: :?: 500 seriously you guys are everywere everyone i know has one