3-shot Burst Fire testing M14

Remmnever

Update 12/28/10 - Final version released. Works well for M14 and FAL. Assign to right trigger.

Well I've been doing some testing with 3-shot burst fires with the M14. I would test the FAL but I prestiged and haven't gotten to the required level yet.

Anyway I did some macro recording and playback until I came up with a possible 3-shot burst macro for the M14. I then did some editing to clean it up a little bit in the timeline editor. It is still a little rough but I have been trying to get the timing down. It is a little slow because I have been getting mod blocked when I try and speed it up. So I found a good stopping point work it works pretty good. I think it would work even better with the FAL due to the lack of recoil but maybe someone else can try it until I get mine back.

The reason there are so many dots in the timeline editor for this macro is because it was recording in game so it shows when I pressed and released the trigger and shows where it was at during those times. I could probably remove most of the dots and keep 2 per shot and it would work fine but I had to stop testing for the night.

I thought I would post my progress here so others can try it out and perhaps provide suggestions for improvement. Maybe we can do some learning together.

So you assign this macro to your right trigger. Then I assign the on/off toggle to R1 tac switch. If you click the right trigger you will get 3-shots. If you hold the trigger you will get 3-shots over and over again until you stop holding it. Even if you press and release the trigger you will probably get 3-shots although they might be delayed.

I did all my testing in a public team death match game. I think it would be nicer to speed it up between shots but I haven't gotten there yet, I just wanted something functional to work with because I got all the speeds changed.

My Aim is Dirtyassassin so if anyone wants to add me there and chat about improvements that would be great, or reply here, or send me a pm with concerns or questions. I have limited play time during the week so it may take some time for me to get this perfect.

Remmnever

Just finished final version. Changed length of bursts a little bit and sped it up. Works well for both FAL and M14. I would upload it to the Macro library but I don't have an account. I had Fredrow message Odingalt and I have also pm'ed him so I can get one but I haven't gotten a response.

AK HAX0R

Remmnever said:
Just finished final version. Changed length of bursts a little bit and sped it up. Works well for both FAL and M14. I would upload it to the Macro library but I don't have an account. I had Fredrow message Odingalt and I have also pm'ed him so I can get one but I haven't gotten a response.

If you can't get an account I could upload it for you.

and is this final version faster than the one I made?

Remmnever

AK HAX0R said:
Remmnever said:

I changed the length of the first shot to make it shorter and also lessened the length between the shots so they are equal. I tested it with the FAL along with yours and I could hardly tell the difference. However it does make the M14 faster without totally destroying your aim due to recoil. So I figured it was a good stopping point so I don't have to have different macro for the FAL and M14.

Let me know what you think. I should have my account within a couple days (I hope) so i will upload it then.

AK HAX0R

Remmnever said:
AK HAX0R said:
Remmnever said:

I changed the length of the first shot to make it shorter and also lessened the length between the shots so they are equal. I tested it with the FAL along with yours and I could hardly tell the difference. However it does make the M14 faster without totally destroying your aim due to recoil. So I figured it was a good stopping point so I don't have to have different macro for the FAL and M14.

Let me know what you think. I should have my account within a couple days (I hope) so i will upload it then.

Yeah I just tested it and couldn't tell the difference.
And I've never used the m14 so i didnt test it on that.
Nice job on making this though! :D

Remmnever

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
tested. doesnt work

Hmm, don't know why, I've been using it all day and it has been working fine. You set it to right trigger right? and I have a toggle tac switch on it also. Use with fal or m14.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Remmnever said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
tested. doesnt work

Hmm, don't know why, I've been using it all day and it has been working fine. You set it to right trigger right? and I have a toggle tac switch on it also. Use with fal or m14.
Well my controller is about to be returned to be fixed....Probably why

1badfish

Works fine, but if burst was a little faster would be fantastic...not so good close range...mid-range and out is great.On the fence about burst vs. auto....seems to depend on situation and player style. Again if burst was faster may be apt to use that vs. auto....recoil is calmed down but not gone all together.