360 ragnarok chips

Krier023

Useful Poster
So I havent really been active in a while, but I see the new ragnarok chips are for sale now. Looks like I have to buy some matrix2 motherboards, ragnarok chips, and have some fun with the installs. Thanks odin, can't wait to get one of these in my hands.

Krier023

Useful Poster
Honestly looks like an easier install than a raven. More wires, and more time consuming, but less difficult soldering points, trace cutting, and via soldering.

odingalt

Staff member
That's exactly my take. I think all in all this install is definitely not any harder than Odin's Raven, but you get a lot more functionality for your effort. Only three trace cutting/via soldering points required. All other connections are to an existing surface-mount pad or through-hole pad.

Krier023

Useful Poster
I also see what looks to be some sort of ribbon cable connection. Is that a port for programming the firmware on the actual chip, or debugging, or something along those lines?

odingalt

Staff member
That beige thing is an 8-position, 0.8mm IDC header. It plugs into RGB LED thumbstick mod. The RGB thumbstick mod consists of a plug-pin wiring harness that plugs into the modchip, and two ring PCB's.

I don't have those ready for sale yet. They fit PERFECTLY for PS3, but they are a little akward on the XBOX360 and require modifying the clear thumbsticks. While I'm o.k. having our staff do this modification, selling it in kit form makes me feel like I'm selling a crappy product to the DIY'ers which I respect the DIY people.

Unfortunately we don't sell PS3 DIY kits because those are under distribution contract, so it doesn't do any good that our DIY RGB LED thumbstick kit fits perfectly on PS3. For the time being I am planning on rigging these kits to work on XBOX360 Ragnarok until January when I have time to sit down and order some new PCB's that'll fit the XBOX360 better.

We're getting slammed with orders this week so I am way behind on all sorts of stuff.

HAWK zer0

ey odin I just ordered mine today at 8:00am do you think it was shipped already? btw I cant wait for the led thumbsticks I guess its kind of like the intensafire right?

edit: I meant the light up thumbsticks are almost the same not the chip!

odingalt

Staff member
The one from 8am is still processing, it should ship tomorrow. We got hammered with orders in the last 24 hours so the shop was so busy we were still catching up on orders and are shipping about one day behind now. (one day after orders are placed) We were slipping to two days behind but I'll have all weekend to hammer it out at the shop and get back on track by Monday morning :)

NYjetsNY1

The one from 8am is still processing, it should ship tomorrow. We got hammered with orders in the last 24 hours so the shop was so busy we were still catching up on orders and are shipping about one day behind now. (one day after orders are placed) We were slipping to two days behind but I'll have all weekend to hammer it out at the shop and get back on track by Monday morning

But good news nonetheless, it's always good to see the shop get hammered with orders.

odingalt

Staff member
It's been a nice month after a really long slow year! I think the public has spoken - macro controller is just not that popular to the masses - people are loving the new Ragnarok platform and the customization options (and the lower price vs. the macro controller!).

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I think im blind... can someone post a link to where I can buy a chip from the website... I cant find it

http://www.vikingdigital.com/diy-modding-tech/xbox-360-ragnarok-modchip.html

You had to click the do it yourself link on the home page and then click the buy now button that pops up

It's been a nice month after a really long slow year! I think the public has spoken - macro controller is just not that popular to the masses - people are loving the new Ragnarok platform and the customization options (and the lower price vs. the macro controller!).

I would've absolutely loved to have purchased the macro controller if it wasn't so expensive. It's an awesome controller and has some of the greatest features ever for just about any game you want. Idk what the price first started out being but if it was kinda near the price of the Ragnarok, I would've bought it. I paid $174 and change on my custom Ragnarok. If the Macro was selling for like $180 or $190 I probably would've bought it. Either way, still completely happy with the 360 Ragnarok, almost exactly what I was hoping the newer model to be like so I'm thoroughly happy with my investment.

Last edited:

NYjetsNY1

http://www.vikingdigital.com/diy-modding-tech/xbox-360-ragnarok-modchip.html

You had to click the do it yourself link on the home page and then click the buy now button that pops up

I would've absolutely loved to have purchased the macro controller if it wasn't so expensive. It's an awesome controller and has some of the greatest features ever for just about any game you want. Idk what the price first started out being but if it was kinda near the price of the Ragnarok, I would've bought it. I paid $174 and change on my custom Ragnarok. If the Macro was selling for like $180 or $190 I probably would've bought it. Either way, still completely happy with the 360 Ragnarok, almost exactly what I was hoping the newer model to be like so I'm thoroughly happy with my investment.

The macro at one time was $160 I think absolute rock bottom + w/ coupons, etc for a very limited time a long time ago.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Oh wow! Yeah if I was around and was interested in buying a modded controller at the time I probably would've bought it. That's a STEAL! I paid $174 with shipping for my 360 Ragnarok. I'm on the other coast of the country, CT, so yeah. I think that the Macro is sick and a much better controller but the main thing that makes people stay away is the price. Not many want to pay that much for a controller unless they are really into gaming or can spare that extra cash. I'm a broke college student and even my job on campus can only do so much for me so I have to watch what I spend. I also have to save for books each semester, dues for the Fraternity I'm in, etc. so I didn't want to spend a whole lot on a controller (prob spent more than I wanted right now as it is but it was worth it, now I can save my money up and it's like an early christmas present to myself lol)

odingalt

Staff member
We totally get the price on the macro is too high. It was an expensive thing to produce, that's why we're retiring it after this batch is sold out. If we discover a way to produce macro controllers cheaper in the future, we'll bring 'em back! Otherwise, we'll be going ahead with this Ragnarok platform for PS3 and XBOX360 for a little while. Back to the oldschool mods :)

mavic

I really liked the idea of the macro but the price being more than a new console was off putting... I understand why it was priced the way it was but to rich for my blood.

skullriot

super slick alternative to the macro. Is there a send in? I just poked around a little bit, but the features look super awesome. Is there a way you guys can add auto spot for BF3 and/or Gears3 in the future? Thats the only thing that its missing, but you guys are already way more awesome than those evilcontrollers guys :/

NYjetsNY1

We can look into adding those features! No send-ins now, most likely we won't offer them because we can't trust that your controller will be of high enough quality. We only use brand-new controllers.

odingalt

Staff member
super slick alternative to the macro. Is there a send in? I just poked around a little bit, but the features look super awesome. Is there a way you guys can add auto spot for BF3 and/or Gears3 in the future? Thats the only thing that its missing, but you guys are already way more awesome than those evilcontrollers guys :/

Can you describe how auto spot works?

skullriot

Alright. The only reason i ask about send ins is that you can get a new controller from amazon for about 35 right now, and i imagine your send in fee would be 20, and that all still comes out cheaper base cost than buying all from you, no offense, i pinch pennies.

Auto spot is basically where when you push the left trigger to aim down the sights, it also sends the signal to the select button. At least, thats how it works for BF3, but im not sure about spotting for gears 3. Evilcontrollers wants 250 for theirs, with less features than you guys are selling. I would buy a macro controller if I was going to spend that kind of money. I love that everything is adjustable on yours, that's the clincher. Anyway, When you ADS, it also hits the select button a couple times for you, i guess.