360 Ragnarok - MW3 MK14 Fastest Speed + Fast Reload Delay

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
EDIT: Anywhere between 8-8.3 SPS seems to be the fastest for the MK14 (depending on your internet connection, it may studder or skip). Anything above that will cause the gun to skip or studder even when you have a good connection. When I have a strong connection and no lag, 8.1 SPS seemed to be the fastest I could make the gun shoot. 8.2 even gave me some issues, like when I held down the trigger it didn't skip, I'd keep holding it as I reloaded, and on every clip after it would shoot the first round normal and pause for a second then shoot rapidfire, 8.1 didn't do this.

Multiples of this will work but do not necessarily mean you are shooting that fast. For example, I found that just about anything between 16-17 SPS worked just as well for this gun, but you still only will be shooting at about 8 SPS. THIS IS WITH THE RAPIDFIRE ATTACHMENT ON! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND 8.1 SPS!

I also found that the fast reload delay for the MK14 without the Sleight of Hand perk is 56. I believe one of the modes is already set to that value by default (mode 7 I believe). I don't really find that fast reload helps that much in MW3 so I stick to using Sleight of Hand. If anyone has any questions or finds something else let me know.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
MK14 max speed is 7.3 shots per second.
P99 and Five-Seven max speed is 11.7.
All other pistols 9.7

These are currently the official Viking speeds for the XBOX360 Ragnarok with the latest firmware update. You can try other speeds if you wish. (You'll notice the software puts in different default speeds than what I listed above, the next software update will have these new speeds as the defaults for COD:MW3)

This was without any perks. I don't know if there are any perks that would affect the speeds.

NYjetsNY1

MK14 max speed is 7.3 shots per second.
P99 and Five-Seven max speed is 11.7.
All other pistols 9.7

These are currently the official Viking speeds for the XBOX360 Ragnarok with the latest firmware update. You can try other speeds if you wish. (You'll notice the software puts in different default speeds than what I listed above, the next software update will have these new speeds as the defaults for COD:MW3)

This was without any perks. I don't know if there are any perks that would affect the speeds.

There is the rapid-fire gun attachment - for gun thing.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
There is a rapidfire attachment that can be added to a lot of guns, even ones that are full auto (such as the p90, i think most or all SMGs have the attachment available) but it can also be used on the MK14. Also, my 17SPS is faster than the 7.3 that you said is the official Viking one for the MK14, but I just noticed mine skips a little bit so I changed it to 16.7 and it's perfect. 16.7SPS seems to work AMAZING on the MK14 BUT I know that isn't what it is actually shooting at so I'm going to try and find the equivalent at a lower number because I tried 7.3, and then I switched that to 8SPS and 8 works even better than 7.3. THIS IS AGAIN WITH THE RAPIDFIRE ATTACHMENT ON!

The other numbers you gave seem great, especially the 11.7SPS for the P99 and Five Seven

EDIT: Just did a little more testing and although 16.7SPS feels like it's a bit faster, it's equivalent is actually about 8.1 or 8.2 max (both work well, better than the 7.3 you told me odin)

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Thanks xkilla. It may have been my connection - the internet at my house out in the country is terrible and I experience severe lag. I was able to dial up to about 7.3 on the MK14 before I started having issues. Glad to hear you can bump it up a little bit more on a good connection.

This is a normal phenomenon on rapidfire controllers - typically if a speed is a good speed, "multiples" of that speed will also appear to work. For example of the cap is set at 8 sps, then 16 sps and even 24 sps will appear to work. But if you carefully observe the speed you'll notice it's not really shooting at 16 or 24, it's still shooting at around 8.

What people don't realize is even just 10 sps is very fast :) Most people (not just Viking but anyone with a rapidfire) are typically over-dialing their controllers. But hey so long as it shoots fast, who cares right? :)

Anyway, you are doing so much testing with this new product, I feel like we should have GIVEN you your Ragnarok instead of charging you for it!

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Yeah I was going to say that multiples seem to work, but obviously the weapons don't shoot that fast. Yeah, so for the MK14 I've been getting good results with around 8-8.3SPS which is why anything I tested between 16-17 was working so well. I also was testing out the higher speeds to see how fast I could get both the MK14 and P99 to be on the same mode so I wouldn't have to switch modes during a game but I like how the P99 shoots at like 8.2SPS. Also, I use the rapidfire attachment so that probably allows some room to bump it up a little.

And lol, I would've been ecstatic to be able to test and own this controller for free BUT I was glad to pay for this awesome product, and I appreciate you saying that lol. I'm just trying to get good settings to use in the games I play so I'm going to test it as much as possible until it's perfect for the way I play/how fast I want to shoot, etc. and then to share that with everyone else. It was a great investment and I am definitely pleased with my purchase from you guys. You've been nothing but helpful since the day I registered on here and I've pestered you with tons of questions since then so I didn't mind paying what I did for this controller, wayyyyy better than other sellers and it's pretty much exactly what I wanted. I'm glad to be able to do testing and to share what I find with everyone.

Trust me, there will be more testing to come from me lol. I'll be testing speeds when I get more time for BF3, COD4 (I think the one that is programmed into the controller already is a bit high even with double tap on), and GOW3 (for some reason the 8.5 SPS wasn't working well at all in GOW3 when I tried it), as well as the perfect reload delays in GoW3 (the one that says for lancer, hammerburst, and scorcher only worked for the lancer but I didn't try it yet with the scorcher)

EDIT: In this video you posted for the basic rapidfire tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6W9V5OjKZ8 were you using the 7.3 SPS? Just wondering because it seems faster than I remember when I dialed in 7.3 SPS. I could be wrong but I'm so tired and it just seemed faster for some reason. I'm going to use the speeds I found as well as your 7.3 again with and without the rapidfire attachment and post the results I get when I get home from my aunt's later at night. It's 3am so I'm goin to bed lol.

Last edited:

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
I just now looked at that video I am so jealous right now. I might have enough money in the end to buy the chip and I already have three different controllers this would work on. I just hope my soldering skills can solder this cheap if I do end up with enough money.

odingalt

Staff member
EDIT: In this video you posted for the basic rapidfire tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6W9V5OjKZ8 were you using the 7.3 SPS? Just wondering because it seems faster than I remember when I dialed in 7.3 SPS. I could be wrong but I'm so tired and it just seemed faster for some reason. I'm going to use the speeds I found as well as your 7.3 again with and without the rapidfire attachment and post the results I get when I get home from my aunt's later at night. It's 3am so I'm goin to bed lol.

Yes I believe it was the 7.3 in the new basic rapidfire tutorial video.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Yeah, just did a comparison/final test and the 8-8.3 SPS speed I dialed in is a bit faster than the 7.3 so the cap must be within the range I dialed in. I stick to 8.2 with no problems as long as my connection stays strong.

BTW, my rechargeable battery pack and play and charge kit will work well with this controller right? I'd prefer not to use AA batteries all the time, but I had some spare ones left in a package I've had so I've been using those until I run out.

Last edited:

NYjetsNY1

Yeah, just did a comparison/final test and the 8-8.3 SPS speed I dialed in is a bit faster than the 7.3 so the cap must be within the range I dialed in. I stick to 8.2 with no problems as long as my connection stays strong.

BTW, my rechargeable battery pack and play and charge kit will work well with this controller right? I'd prefer not to use AA batteries all the time, but I had some spare ones left in a package I've had so I've been using those until I run out.

Yeah as long as you keep your battery pack charged. Once it gets low, make sure it's plugged in. Being plugged in is always best too.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
ok cool, thanks for the info. i think i asked before but i couldn't remember what you said cuz i think i had asked you lol. sorry