4th or 5th Repair, Help Me out!

dudesikoff

I just recently got my controller back after my fourth or fifth repair. What are the appropriate steps I should do upon taking the controller out of the box, powering it up, syncing to xbox and syncing macros.

And also what is the appropriate way to turn it off.

After getting it repaired this many times I want to do this 100% right to determine if these happenings are my fault, or possibly faulty accessories, (got new battery packs and PnC Cable.)

dudesikoff

Yeah I know, my rapidfire chip burnt out twice, and my controller went completely non functional or "bricked" twice. They've all been out of warranty repairs so I do appreciate them for fixing it this many times.

Xx Binno xX

There are unboxing sub forums just search and there are videos on unboxing aswell if that helps there really no no proper way just don't throw it against the wall or drop it and take care of the controller and you should be fine. I have an unboxing of macro ok my YouTube channel if you want to watch it

odingalt

Staff member
dang dude... After 3 repairs they should just replace it, i feel sorry for you lol

We did replace it - twice. On the second replacement we also had him send in his battery pack and play-and-charge cable and replaced those, too. Just be sure NOT to use the "Rapidfire customization software" or any software that says "Legacy" on it. Also you might try using a totally different PC in case your PC's USB port is frying the controller (that's why we replaced the PnC cable, suspecting maybe a bad cable was the culprit).

Also make sure you are on a REAL windows PC and not a Macintosh running virtual windows. If you are on Windows XP you should really have service pack 3. I advice against VISTA. Windows 7 is awesome. But I would just try a totally different PC if you have one in the house and the new PnC cable.

DON'T BOTHER UPGRADING THE FIRMWARE - YOUR UNIT ALREADY HAS THE LATEST.