A and B button support.

gawk

I am definitely considering ordering one of these bad boys.
I read that XYAB buttons are wired into the mod, If so are we able to use the XYAB buttons in turbo, burst modes? Is this supported?

odingalt

Staff member
Only X, Y, and B. A is an 'input only' meaning the modchip knows when you tap the 'A' button, but it can't be used for playback in macros.

Sleeper : can't use the 'A' button in playing back button combinations.
Duo : can't use the 'A' button or the 'right thumbstick press' in playing back button combinations.

(of course neither has the D-pad, start, select, x&y axes on the joysticks, or guide buttons wired up)

Blackburn

gawk said:
Is rapid a,b,x,y something that will be possible with the viking ultra?
rapid fire b,x,y is possible on the viking360, but viking pro will have options for EVERY button on the controller without limitations

gawk

So I guess all that's missing is either the code, or some sort of limited framework that enables the community to make their own.

Blackburn

crazy4christ said:
when will viking pro be released?
There is no planned release date, and if it is released it will not be for a long while...
gawk said:
So I guess all that's missing is either the code, or some sort of limited framework that enables the community to make their own.
It's the microcontroller on viking thats the problem. Microchip Inc, screwed OD and released false datasheets on they chips that he got. He ended up being 2 outputs short for A and RSC (for DUO) (Just A for sleeper)

odingalt

Staff member
Correct, it's a 28-pin IC from MicroChip. Buy a chip, read the datasheet, and then actually try to get the chip to do everything the data sheet claims it can do.

Then hit the microchip users forum and read about a dozen or so other customers who are unhappy with Microchip's lousy products.

Personally, I prefer Atmel, but Atmel doesn't have 1.8-5.5V volt operation on a USB chip.