A few questions before I make my purchase :)

sacapuntas

Ok, so to start off I'd like to say that a few friends have Viking controllers, and they are the best money can buy, hands down. That's the problem, though. The cheapest macro controller is listed at 169.99 USD. Now, this isn't terrible. However, I have some questions. First, and I believe I know that this is yes, this barebones black and basic controller contains all of the macro mods and everything, and also all of the ROL lights that can change color, correct? Also, I saw on your youtube demo video that you responded to a video with this:

@ChiCubsFan14 Save your money? until this fall, Viking will be releasing a cheaper modded controller for XBOX 360

dakotakid12345

So, please be honest with me. Will this controller be a lot cheaper? (like 100-150?) and will it be macro? Will it be better for me to wait, as just a casual gamer? Please think at a personal level and do not just respond to get me to buy the more expensive product. Should I wait?

Finally, a few price questions. I read somewhere that you charge 15 dollars for shipping. Is this true? Also, is there tax? If both of these are the case, then I am potentially shelling out 200+ USD for a black controller. Granted, this is the best controller on the market, but imagine this,

I had a nonmodded factory controller a year or so ago. I used it for 2 years and basically got 10th prestige legit on MW2 with it. One day, I'm playing and the stick twists and sticks in the 7o'clock-ish position. It was tough to move, and pretty much stuck there permanently. So, what if my Viking does this? 200 bucks and it dies one day? I would be crushed :cry:. And, what if, after 91+ days, a solder breaks on the controller or a button stops working or something? I would never open it myself and attempt a fix. So, if it's not my fault and I pay shipping, will you still repair it? I read somewhere that you will as long as we pay shipping, and it really would be awesome of you if this were true.

Please honestly answer my questions and I will be very happy and most likely will buy one of your amazing controllers. :D

NYjetsNY1

Ok, so to start off I'd like to say that a few friends have Viking controllers, and they are the best money can buy, hands down. That's the problem, though. The cheapest macro controller is listed at 169.99 USD. Now, this isn't terrible. However, I have some questions. First, and I believe I know that this is yes, this barebones black and basic controller contains all of the macro mods and everything, and also all of the ROL lights that can change color, correct? Also, I saw on your youtube demo video that you responded to a video with this:

Yes all of the models currently are the same except for shell color. The ring of lights are fully customizable via software.

@ChiCubsFan14 Save your money? until this fall, Viking will be releasing a cheaper modded controller for XBOX 360

dakotakid12345

So, please be honest with me. Will this controller be a lot cheaper? (like 100-150?) and will it be macro? Will it be better for me to wait, as just a casual gamer? Please think at a personal level and do not just respond to get me to buy the more expensive product. Should I wait?

I don't know the date of this comment. Is it old or recent? There may be a new cheaper macro controller coming soon but it will have less features.
'
Finally, a few price questions. I read somewhere that you charge 15 dollars for shipping. Is this true? Also, is there tax? If both of these are the case, then I am potentially shelling out 200+ USD for a black controller. Granted, this is the best controller on the market, but imagine this,

Yes and yes tax and shipping.

I had a nonmodded factory controller a year or so ago. I used it for 2 years and basically got 10th prestige legit on MW2 with it. One day, I'm playing and the stick twists and sticks in the 7o'clock-ish position. It was tough to move, and pretty much stuck there permanently. So, what if my Viking does this? 200 bucks and it dies one day? I would be crushed :cry:. And, what if, after 91+ days, a solder breaks on the controller or a button stops working or something? I would never open it myself and attempt a fix. So, if it's not my fault and I pay shipping, will you still repair it? I read somewhere that you will as long as we pay shipping, and it really would be awesome of you if this were true.

After 90 days you will have to pay for shipping for internal hardware failure. Viking360 will see the problem and will charge you or fix it for free depending on the issue. If there is a broken analog stick type of thing you'll have to see if viking360 will fix it first. If it is too difficult a fix for viking360 they will recommend you to someone who can fix it.

WetterThanWater

Viking360 is great with customer support, if Viking is doing great, and the repair isnt like a snapped circuit board, or the whole analog mechanism is smashed to bits or completely detached, usually if you pay shipping, Viking will do the repair. But do not hold them to it. If Viking wont do it, there are a few other people affiliated with Viking that might.

pnyxxpress

It looks like the silver has a modified D pad where black does not. So what about the limited edition, does it have the modified D pad? I would hope for all the extra money it would have everything offered. Please let let me know. I'm ready to purchase just needing to finalize my decision.
Thanks

Nope it does not. Sorry. Only the silver has the best d-pad.

I wouldn't call the new D-pad the "Best" but it is very handy for fighting games and such. I have a silver and a black Viking and love both of them. Currently I have my Black set up for Oblivion where you need the 8 directions of the dpad and my silver set up for ALL of my FPS games.

NYjetsNY1

If you order before 3:00 usually it ships that day, after that it ships the next day. Also no shipping on holidays.

odingalt

Staff member
Ok, so to start off I'd like to say that a few friends have Viking controllers, and they are the best money can buy, hands down. That's the problem, though. The cheapest macro controller is listed at 169.99 USD. Now, this isn't terrible. However, I have some questions. First, and I believe I know that this is yes, this barebones black and basic controller contains all of the macro mods and everything, and also all of the ROL lights that can change color, correct?

Yes, the barebones black classic controller has 100% the functionality of all the other models. All Viking Macro controllers have the same exact functionality. Just the shell changes.

Also, I saw on your youtube demo video that you responded to a video with this:

dakotakid12345

The new controllers that I speak of will be traditional "rapidfire" controllers, similar to the Tyr's Hand, Thor's Hammer and Odin's Raven. They will have USB, but they will not be macro controllers. We want to get a cheaper product, increase the amount of customization we allow, and reduce the complexity. If you just want rapidfire, you might wait until this Christmas. If you want macro functionality, then you need to get one of the only 500 macro controllers we have remaining.

Finally, a few price questions. I read somewhere that you charge 15 dollars for shipping. Is this true? Also, is there tax? If both of these are the case, then I am potentially shelling out 200+ USD for a black controller. Granted, this is the best controller on the market

USA: we charge tax if you live in Washington. If you are out-of-country, your government will charge duties and tax which you are responsible for paying. Shipping is based on real-time rates with UPS. You could be paying over $200 depending on where you are at and what shipping option you choose.

, but imagine this,

I had a nonmodded factory controller a year or so ago. I used it for 2 years and basically got 10th prestige legit on MW2 with it. One day, I'm playing and the stick twists and sticks in the 7o'clock-ish position. It was tough to move, and pretty much stuck there permanently. So, what if my Viking does this? 200 bucks and it dies one day? I would be crushed . And, what if, after 91+ days, a solder breaks on the controller or a button stops working or something? I would never open it myself and attempt a fix. So, if it's not my fault and I pay shipping, will you still repair it? I read somewhere that you will as long as we pay shipping, and it really would be awesome of you if this were true.

Please honestly answer my questions and I will be very happy and most likely will buy one of your amazing controllers. :D

We typically don't repair thumbsticks outside of the warranty. At 2 years of heavy gameplay you can expect your Viking to wear out and you'll have to buy a new one. There are some things that we do still repair even outside of the 90 day warranty, such as problems with tac switches. Also solder problems we will repair as we expect that work should be good for the "life" of the controller. I.e. if the solder to the tac switches or LED add-on board fail or break loose, or if the solderless socket/modchip starts making a bad connection, we will repair those problems for you, PROVIDED that you don't tamper with the warranty void sticker in the battery pack. NEVER open the controller on your own! Once the controller has been opened by the customer, we won't make any repairs.

You have to think of the Viking as a cell phone. You're lucky to get 2 years out of it. At the end of the day, this is a normal Microsoft XBOX 360 gaming controller. They will wear out after enough gameplay.

ModItUp

hello i already know they are having a special on the macro mod but i was wondering if there are any coupons out??

PS3andCOD

Contributor
No, there probably aren't going to be any because of the dwindling supply of boards out there. This is probably as cheap as it'll get.