Attempting to Open Macro Controller to repair it.

Sushi

i've had constant problems with my Viking 360 controller; the outcome right now is that the controller will not go into Developer mode, even if I press start as soon as i plug in the battery pack, and the controller is completely useless as a regular controller because i have macros saved to the tac switches and for some reason it keeps trying to replay them without any prompt to do so, so simply having the controller on means I cannot do anything. I sent the controller off to support, and received it back in exactly the same condition as I sent it in, with literally no change, not even in the button squeaks that were occurring also, which raised some suspicious; although considering I cannot find another case of support doing this, I would assume it was just a coincidence, and the controller was damaged while shipping back. A bit problem is that i live in the UK and I was informed that the company had already lost money on my purchase, and claimed there was nothing more they could do to fix the problems that were occurring, so I have decided to open up the controller myself and attempt to fix it.

What i am wondering is, does anyone know what I might actually have to do to try and fix my problems? i read that i would have to look at wires that are overlapping, but is there a log somewhere with a detailed view on the interior of the controller? I know it will probably void my warranty, but support did inform me that my controller was unrepairable, so in order to make sure I didn't waste my money, i'm going to have to try and fix it myself.

Any help would be appreciated

bonefisher

Sometime you need to plug in and out and back in to make it respond in to programming mode! Then hit the start button

modded matt

It sounds to me like one of your tact switches is stuck. This is why it keeps sending the macro and because its stuck, when you put in the batteries, it wont go into program mode either.

Of course this is just my guess. I have plenty of pics of the inside but chances are if you open it, you will pull wires apart damaging it further.

If I were you, before I open it, take a razor knife and shave a little of the controller shell around the tact switches. (the one you have macros on) to see if its just gummed up

Sushi

it plays a random macro, regardless of tac switch, as in, it plays any of them randomly, and keeps skipping pages fast too. i've tried every method of trying to get it into programming mode, but it just won't work, no matter what I try. Could you post the images of the inside of a functioning controller? Would hopefully give me a nice reference.