Auto Spotting

Reaver

Hi not sure if this is possible but could an option be added to the new hex editor so that when you look through the sight of a gun it starts a loop of the back button every second or so, so it auto spots targets? Just seems like something I do alot of as a sniper and I haven't seen it mentioned on here yet. If this wont work feel free to shoot me down :)
Thanks in advance for your reply's.

Reaver

Good point, ;) so looking through the scope is holding the left trigger and to spot a target is the back button or select as it's sometimes called which is the one that needs looping the whole time the aim button is held down.

Reaver

Well theres an auto aim in options but i think that refers to the single player, when u spot a target by hitting the back button it highlights them with a triangle above their head for your whole squad to see, then if someone else kills them u get bonus xp for the kill, one of the high end sniper scopes does it automatically but without that u need to do it by hand. I havent seen an auto option for it.

Itz CHARLEY

the whole point is when your ADS and press back and a red triangle will go over their head that is visible to your whole team and will show up on the mini map. it give the same advantage of a UAV from COD but it is only the one person you spot, you don't need a kill streak to do it, and you only get points from spotting when your team mates kill the guys you have spotted(which happens ALOT, especially when you are out#ed behind enemy lines). because leveling up in BF:BC 2 is extremely different from COD(any points with the medic, recon, engineer, assault class will get you closer to a new gadget/ weapon for the class you got the points in.) basically the spotting idea would probably be the most useful mod of all for battlefield but unfortunately the viking is not wired to the back button.

Reaver

Ah thanks for the info Itz, didnt realise its not wired in that way :( shame though woulda been great. The button is still for stats, u just have to hold it down instead of tap. Wonder if i can move it to another button in game option then macro it

Itz CHARLEY

thats a pretty good idea. When i get back from spring break i will see if there is an alternate control scheme for spotting that doesn't use the d pad, back, or start because those are the only buttons the viking isn't wired to. Also the a button doesn't work with macros.