Auto Sprint Bug?

Tripp

Sup I don't know if this is truly a bug or not but when I turned on auto sprint which is hold down mod switch and R2 then tap L3 then I see the light turn on and it works perfectly and so does everything else. Then when I turn off all the features the controller does not do anything special like it should so that works perfectly as well BUT when I turn on sniper breath which is holding down the mod switch and then tap L3 It would turn that on like it should BUT it also turns on the auto sprint which it should not do right? Maybe it is a bug, maybe its the controller i have, or maybe its just me who knows but I figure I would report this since I can't seem to figure out why it turns both on.

Trip

odingalt

Staff member
Sup I don't know if this is truly a bug or not but when I turned on auto sprint which is hold down mod switch and R2 then tap L3 then I see the light turn on and it works perfectly and so does everything else. Then when I turn off all the features the controller does not do anything special like it should so that works perfectly as well BUT when I turn on sniper breath which is holding down the mod switch and then tap L3 It would turn that on like it should BUT it also turns on the auto sprint which it should not do right? Maybe it is a bug, maybe its the controller i have, or maybe its just me who knows but I figure I would report this since I can't seem to figure out why it turns both on.

Trip

Interesting bug report. If you have the time, could you re-download the v1.3 driver it should say v1.3 final and see if it does the same and report back, I can take a look at it later this week?

Tripp

Interesting bug report. If you have the time, could you re-download the v1.3 driver it should say v1.3 final and see if it does the same and report back, I can take a look at it later this week?

Okay so I downloaded the v1.3 driver from http://www.vikingdigital.com/support/ps3-ragnarok but I could not find where it actually said final. All it said was this..

Import Driver Updates

As always, when you first connect your Ragnarok, check the driver version number. Each update unlocks more features. We are currently serving Universal Driver Update v1.3. Download the tools below to update your PS3 Ragnarok:

Click here to download the PS3 Ragnarok Firmware Updater tool

Click here to download the Universal Firmware/Driver v1.3 for your PS3 Ragnarok

When I downloaded the driver v1.3 file the file name said this..

PS3 Ragnarok Universal Driver v1.3b.hex

I ran the update tool and everything worked out fine. Then when I loaded up Modern Warfare 3 and went into private to test the results..

First, turned on the sniper breath and that feature worked fine like always.

Second, I moved the L3 joy stick up and tap the L1 button and I am still auto sprinting!

Hope this helps!

Trip

odingalt

Staff member
Nope no update. I'm not going to have time to do any driver updates or look into any code for the next couple of weeks.