Auto sprint help

usa98j30t4

I have a programmable Ragnarok and I believe I followed the instructions correctly (although since it does not seem to be working, I obviously didn't).

I held the mod switch, pressed (and held) the R2 button and while holding the R2 button (and mod switch), I tapped the left thumbstick. The player 3 LED lights and stays lit. The instructions that are activated by clicking on the question mark state that I should "flick" the scope button to sprint.

Nothing seems to make me sprint except holding down the left thumbstick (as it would normally).

Any help would be appreciated. Love the controller!!

odingalt

Staff member
Which button layout are you in? (Is the controller programmed for the same button layout that is set in your game-options screen?) You can check the controller by holding mod switch + holding the triangle button:

Mode 1: Default
Mode 2: Tactical
Mode 3: Lefty
Mode 4: Nom4d
Mode 5: Charlie
Mode 6: Default Alt
Mode 7: Tactical Flipped
Mode 8: Lefty Flipped
Mode 9: Nom4d Flipped

Depending on which button layout you are in, it may not be R2 that you have to hold. That's for default mode. (Instructions are a bit misleading). If you are in default flipped then it would be a different button. Basically it should always be "hold mod + hold throw lethal + tap sprint button" to turn on autosprint.

usa98j30t4

Thank you for the prompt response. I was in tactical button layout. I will test this again today with tactical and default. Thank you.

usa98j30t4

I tested this and it still does not appear to be working. Here is what I did:

I had my in-game button configuration set to default. I set the controller to default. I am holding the tac switch, holding down the R2 button and tapping the L3 button. Player three stays lit at that point.

When in game, I am pushing up on the sprint button (not push down on it as you would normally need to). There is no sprint. Only if I press the sprint button down do I sprint (as if the mode is not active. I know you mentioned R2 may not be the button you have to hold, I tried this with tactical as well (where the R2 button is still the lethal throw). No difference. I am assuming to get auto sprint (once it is turned on), you only need to push the L3 in the direction you want to go as you normally would (without pressing down on L3). If this is not how you activate auto sprint, can you set me straight.

Thanks.

usa98j30t4

I found this in another thread.

"Second, I moved the L3 joy stick up and tap the L1 button"

What I was NOT doing was tapping the L1 button while moving L3. Is this what I was missing?

usa98j30t4

Alright. Figured it out. I was not tapping the L1 button. Thank you. Love this controller. I also ordered a 360 Ragnarok that is scheduled to be here tomorrow. Can't wait!!!!

odingalt

Staff member
Alright. Figured it out. I was not tapping the L1 button. Thank you. Love this controller. I also ordered a 360 Ragnarok that is scheduled to be here tomorrow. Can't wait!!!!

Glad you figured it out. The competition calls it "Auto sprint" so we also call it "auto sprint". But really it's not auto. It's more like "Re-assign sprint button to other key feature". But if we call it "Re-assign sprint button to other key that is easier to press feature" we wouldn't sell as many controllers. "Auto sprint" sounds cooler. :)