Auto Sprint Rune Example and Guide

oDEEKo

I created this rune specifically for Destiny, but it should work for any game where you click the left analogue stick to sprint while moving forwards.

When enabled, the rune will click the left stick for you whenever you push the left stick forwards.
Hopefully, this rune tutorial will also help give some a better understanding of rune creation/assignment/possibilities with the Berserker.

It also showcases some of the awesome new functionality of the Berserker mod versus the previous 360 Macro Controller and further demonstrates why Viking are the best mods out there!

See the end of this tutorial post for explanations of the settings used throughout and why I assigned them.

• First step is to create a new rune in your Forge, then set it up as below:

• Click the 'Loop' button, to the right of the 'Save' button on your rune page. Set the loop behaviour as follows:
RuneLoopSetting_zps9097fcc4.png

• Save the rune, then open up/create the rune pack you want to assign the rune to.

• Assign the rune to a group. Set the enable/disable/inhibit/playback settings for the rune as shown below:

Setting choices and why:

• Rune loop behaviour is set to 'Play Once' - In most FPS games if you begin sprinting whilst reloading, it will cancel the animation and begin sprinting instead. This setting minimises the rune inadvertently cancelling weapon reloads etc. if you were to reload your weapon whilst sprinting or moving. This also means, if timed correctly, you can intentionally 'Reload Cancel' by simply pushing your left stick forwards :)
  • Rune is enabled/disabled by clicking left stick - The enable/disable can be set however you choose. I assigned it to the left stick click so that I can quickly disable the auto sprint whilst performing precision maneuvers, such as platform jumping, then click again to turn auto sprint back on.
  • Rune playback inhibit is set to LT - This prevents the rune from playing while LT is pulled, meaning that it won't suddenly make you scope out and sprint if you're walking around whilst Aiming Down Sights.
Hope this tutorial is useful, comments/questions welcomed!

Last edited: