Berserker shell colors

Drastic

Wondering if anytime soon there will be more blue color options for Berserker shell in the selection process such as, blue candy splatter, blue tiger, blue skulls? :)

Freyja

Staff member
I'm not sure when we plan on getting more Xbox 1 stock as we have quite the selection still. The blue candy may or may not come back, it was a special hydrodip from a company that might have gone under. I'm not sure if they are no longer in business or if we had issues, I just know we haven't gotten anything from them since.
The "handkerchief" shell is actually my favorite, but no one seems to like it. Blue circuits looks like a really dark navy from further than 2-3 ft away, the closer you get the more you can see the details in it.
If you're holding out on buying hoping to get different shells I wouldn't advise it. It has been a long time since we've gotten any and I don't think Odin plans on getting any more until our stock runs really low.

Drastic

Oh no never holding out on buying :p now I am waiting for the new blade system just can't decide if I want to send my controller back in for an upgrade (have newer chip version) or buy a complete new Berserker I was eyeing the Blue Circuits shell :) none the less thanks for the speedy reply! As always keep up the excellent customer support!

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
I could be wrong but I Dont think viking will be updating old berserkers to the new blade system. Heard its just way to much work + u would have to relocate the USB jack and do some hard wiring to the old berserker chip for the blade switch's to work.. Might have to get a brand new one or ask Matt if he will provide u his services for re instillation.

Drastic

Seems plausible. If it can be done then I'll do that. If not I'll happily sell my current one to a friend and buy a brand new one, I am curious about the blade system, of what freyja said in another post about two out of four of the buttons on the back will just act as the two tacs on the front. So I guess we'll see for further confirmation but I know I was hoping for more buttons in general. Thanks for the info.

bonefisher

Yeah I believe Odin said that you can quote: Blades can add either 2 or 4 additional reprogrammable buttons on the back side of the gaming controller... but would have to change everything in the Forge to make it right (that would cost big money again). So it might only be still the option to use the top two for under the controller to have four.

Last edited:

Freyja

Staff member
It would take some serious work to put the new paddles on an old style controller; probably not impossible, but not something we plan on doing. Additionally, it would likely mean replacing the back shell or at least taping up the holes on it so junk doesn't get in there. If we were to offer that service we would change the shell, which means if you have an aftermarket shell it would be replaced with a stock black one.

odingalt

Staff member
Seems plausible. If it can be done then I'll do that. If not I'll happily sell my current one to a friend and buy a brand new one, I am curious about the blade system, of what freyja said in another post about two out of four of the buttons on the back will just act as the two tacs on the front. So I guess we'll see for further confirmation but I know I was hoping for more buttons in general. Thanks for the info.

The Berserker will still only have 4 total programmable buttons, they would just all be on the back side. (Unless you install one of our upcoming 2-button blades, those would probably be mapped to #1 and #3). I'm not sure if we wouldn't have an option available (for a fee) to have two standard tac switches installed on the top side still, in addition to the interchangeable blades on the back? I.e. not sure if some people will find the 2-button blades more comfortable than 4-button blades, in which case we'd need 2 other switches installed somewheres else.

odingalt

Staff member
I'm not sure when we plan on getting more Xbox 1 stock as we have quite the selection still. The blue candy may or may not come back, it was a special hydrodip from a company that might have gone under. I'm not sure if they are no longer in business or if we had issues, I just know we haven't gotten anything from them since.
The "handkerchief" shell is actually my favorite, but no one seems to like it. Blue circuits looks like a really dark navy from further than 2-3 ft away, the closer you get the more you can see the details in it.
If you're holding out on buying hoping to get different shells I wouldn't advise it. It has been a long time since we've gotten any and I don't think Odin plans on getting any more until our stock runs really low.

Yeah it's slow sales and we want to work through our inventory of shells that we are sitting on. If they don't move then we'll start having sales to make them move :). We have a relationship with our sixth hydro dipped and it sounds like these guys won't go out of business like the last company. It's too bad, the candy splatters are my favorites of all time.