Best Headset?

NYjetsNY1

Whats the best headset that works with odin's raven that has 3.5 mm (dont know if that makes a diff)

I want:
Full surround sound (min dolby digital 5.1)
$99-$249
BEST!
It has to work lol
and yeah.. so yeah
whats the best cuz i really would like one lol

Krier023

Useful Poster
I have heard of two different headsets that are really good. the astro a40s with the mix amp are very good, and you can use them as regular headsets for your ipod, but i have heard that the tritton ax pro headset has several speakers in each ear to produce real 5.1 surround sound, and adjustablility on each speaker.

Krier023

Useful Poster
talk to m1a1 on the forums. he is a moderator and he knows a lot about headsets. he uses the trittons and says that they are best.

40_ounce

If you want wireless get turtle beach x41. Thats what I use and I love em. If you want wires get a40s with the mix amp or the trittons. Read reviews on the net thats should help.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

40_ounce said:
If you want wireless get turtle beach x41. Thats what I use and I love em. If you want wires get a40s with the mix amp or the trittons. Read reviews on the net thats should help.
Ok here's a couple things you should know about x41s the build quality is cheap and they say it's a 7.1 surroundsound headset but no games use 7.1 so the headset just becomes like all the other turtle beaches but with over sized speakers and even if there was a game that supported the 7.1 the headset would NOT acutally be 7.1

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

PS3andCOD said:
Lairfor PS3 is 7.1. Only problem is it sucks.
if you look at the back of your games it says 5.1 Dolby digital not 7.1....besides Dolby hasn't come out with true 7.1 yet so no games are actually 7.1....it's like the HDMI on xbox it is set to 1080p but it's actually 720p because few games support 1080p right now(on xbox) so it upscales it....on ps3 that's true 1080p

obo

i have x4's and love them. But then again, i think that once you get above the 200$ price range on a headset, you're not going to find one thats really bad. I mean the company wouldnt be in business if there products were $hit with a pricetag of $200

Krier023

Useful Poster
well i would say the tritton axpros. true that i can get the x41s at my local costcos for 130, but the trittons are at a price range of 150-170 and they come with everything to connect it to xbox and pc if you want. the trittons also have more than one speaker so it is actually 5.1 surround sound, not simulated.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
PS3andCOD said:
Lairfor PS3 is 7.1. Only problem is it sucks.
if you look at the back of your games it says 5.1 Dolby digital not 7.1....besides Dolby hasn't come out with true 7.1 yet so no games are actually 7.1....it's like the HDMI on xbox it is set to 1080p but it's actually 720p because few games support 1080p right now(on xbox) so it upscales it....on ps3 that's true 1080p
Actually, I'm 99% sure that Lair says 7.1. It's the only one I've ever seen thought.