BF4 Autospot Not Working for PS4 Ragnarok

PS4VikingNoob

I can't seem to get the Autospot mod to work properly. Following the instructions in the manual just leads to the com menu poppin up and being unable to move.

battlelog

I can't seem to get the Autospot mod to work properly. Following the instructions in the manual just leads to the com menu poppin up and being unable to move.

Hey man I have a question, how is that controller working for you?? Is it easy to use, I have the ps3 Rag and with the software very simple to set up. But I know that this one does not have the software its more manualy setting it up. Let me know because I want to buy the ps4 rag or get that berseker one??? Thanks. Its a hard descion to buy something when they no vids up to see how it works you know???

jameswoo

I have the same issue with my new PS4 Ragnarok (just received today) and I have raised a support ticket.

jameswoo

This is the reply I got from Viking support:

Hi James
In the previous code (the version you have) was hold button for 0.50 seconds... release for 0.30 seconds. Today I re-wrote the program, the new code is hold button for 0.08 seconds, release for 0.10 seconds. It is successfully spamming the spot button and finding enemies without bringing up the command screen. In fact I already got a bunch of awards for spotting prowess. I am happy this was an easy fix but again disappointed that I was not aware of this needed change sooner.
The fix has been issued to the shop so any new orders (or product returns coming) for PS4 Ragnarok or XBOX One Ragnarok will be programmed with this new update and the new auto spot timings. Ii is no consolation to you as you are still stuck with a controller without auto spot, but I wanted to thank you for bringing this to my attention so I could fix it.
We are just selling PS4 non-USB Ragnarok and XBOX One non-USB Ragnarok until we can get the Berserker controller available for both consoles. Eventually the plan is to only sell Berserkers as they are updatable and the software is much more powerful.

With best regards,
Admin

PS4VikingNoob

Well there is a bit of a learning curve but its not overly complicated. It would be very helpful if they had videos up. But if you are thinking about getting this one I would definitely hold off for the Bezerker because there is definitely an issue with the BF4 Autospot that can't be corrected in this version. So if I had to do it over again I would pass on the Ragnarok.

PS4VikingNoob

That reply kinda sucks. Are we screwed with this controller or will they update it?

This is the reply I got from Viking support:

Hi James
In the previous code (the version you have) was hold button for 0.50 seconds... release for 0.30 seconds. Today I re-wrote the program, the new code is hold button for 0.08 seconds, release for 0.10 seconds. It is successfully spamming the spot button and finding enemies without bringing up the command screen. In fact I already got a bunch of awards for spotting prowess. I am happy this was an easy fix but again disappointed that I was not aware of this needed change sooner.
The fix has been issued to the shop so any new orders (or product returns coming) for PS4 Ragnarok or XBOX One Ragnarok will be programmed with this new update and the new auto spot timings. Ii is no consolation to you as you are still stuck with a controller without auto spot, but I wanted to thank you for bringing this to my attention so I could fix it.
We are just selling PS4 non-USB Ragnarok and XBOX One non-USB Ragnarok until we can get the Berserker controller available for both consoles. Eventually the plan is to only sell Berserkers as they are updatable and the software is much more powerful.

With best regards,
Admin

modded matt

Respond or open a ticket to see if you could send in the controller for an update. When the game was released, the original method was tested and worked. There has since been an in game update which changed the timing involved.

battlelog

Well there is a bit of a learning curve but its not overly complicated. It would be very helpful if they had videos up. But if you are thinking about getting this one I would definitely hold off for the Bezerker because there is definitely an issue with the BF4 Autospot that can't be corrected in this version. So if I had to do it over again I would pass on the Ragnarok.

Thanks for the your insight man.

jameswoo

Respond or open a ticket to see if you could send in the controller for an update. When the game was released, the original method was tested and worked. There has since been an in game update which changed the timing involved.

Yes I have opened a ticket and have discussed the issue with the admin. I have sent back my controller for the update. Once I get it back I will test it in BF4 again.

odingalt

Staff member
Hi guys sorry I have been absent from the forums.

This is a confirmed bug with PS4 Ragnarok, there is an update to fix this issue, however you have to mail your controller back to the shop where they can open up the controller and apply the fix.

PS4VikingNoob

Hi guys sorry I have been absent from the forums.

This is a confirmed bug with PS4 Ragnarok, there is an update to fix this issue, however you have to mail your controller back to the shop where they can open up the controller and apply the fix.

Thanks odingalt,

I mailed my controller back about a week ago and got a confirmation email that it was received so now I'm just waiting to get an update on the repair status. I have a couple of questions about the update process for these controllers since it seems like there is the possibility the code can be "broken" whenever a game is patched..

1. What happens after the six month warranty and this happens?

2. I would much rather have the Bezerker, so will there be an upgrade program available once it is released that would allow early adopters of the PS4 Ragnarok an opportunity to pay the difference between the Ragnarok and Bezerker in order to get the updatable version to avoid having to send in the controller every time a game patch breaks it?

battlelog

Thanks odingalt,

I mailed my controller back about a week ago and got a confirmation email that it was received so now I'm just waiting to get an update on the repair status. I have a couple of questions about the update process for these controllers since it seems like there is the possibility the code can be "broken" whenever a game is patched..

1. What happens after the six month warranty and this happens?

2. I would much rather have the Bezerker, so will there be an upgrade program available once it is released that would allow early adopters of the PS4 Ragnarok an opportunity to pay the difference between the Ragnarok and Bezerker in order to get the updatable version to avoid having to send in the controller every time a game patch breaks it?

Good questions man, I just ordered the rag, so we will see how it goes with that controller???