Black Ops 2?

Toymachine363

Is anyone developing/testing a new speed for the FAL and Five Seven? I was using an old Hex for MW2 and 24 sps seemed to be reasonable speed wise, but was locking up a lot.
The Five Seven works well with 27.40, but was still locking up.
I hope someone finds something thatg works equally well with both with no lock ups soon. Anyone have any ideas?

odingalt

Staff member
I went to gamestop, picked up two copies, loaded it in the drive and... no connection?

What?

Charter ISP, thanks... upload speed is 0.12 Mbps... connection is down until the charter tech arrives tomorrow at 5PM!! :-x I will be testing the heck out of all of our controllers as soon as these jerks fix my internet.

Toymachine363

I went to gamestop, picked up two copies, loaded it in the drive and... no connection?

What?

Charter ISP, thanks... upload speed is 0.12 Mbps... connection is down until the charter tech arrives tomorrow at 5PM!! I will be testing the heck out of all of our controllers as soon as these jerks fix my internet.

Oh wow that is a good excuse to be angry. Pfft with the way the blops servers are going right now you'd be lucky to get in the game at all. don't be surprised if greeted by "Cannon connect to the servers at this time".

I think I can speak for everybody when I say we appreciate you busting your butt over these controllers for us. Thanks Odin!

odingalt

Staff member
I did a little testing today. It looks like all the mods have stayed the same, only some of timings need adjusted. If you are good with using the Legacy customization software you should be able to get up and running with jitter x,y,y on shotguns and also be using fast reloads as well. Will try to get to a Legacy update this weekend and update some of the preset speeds for the popular guns. Takes awhile to test all the guns. I am testing basically with no perks as well.

P.S. yes I am spending like 1 out of every 2 minutes looking at a host reconnection screen...

YoungPuzzlez

thanks for the update but when you next bring another update out can you have an option to keep the old way of dropshot by pressing a tac switch as i dont like the new ones added maybe its just me :(

odingalt

Staff member
So when you say that you mean we download a new version of the Hex editor that has presets in it? Then we save that and reprogram the controller?

Correct. However the more I look the more it seems no update is needed. I can use all the mods in the current version of the hex editor on Black Ops 2 now :)

odingalt

Staff member
Is anyone developing/testing a new speed for the FAL and Five Seven? I was using an old Hex for MW2 and 24 sps seemed to be reasonable speed wise, but was locking up a lot.
The Five Seven works well with 27.40, but was still locking up.
I hope someone finds something thatg works equally well with both with no lock ups soon. Anyone have any ideas?

*sigh*. The magical 27.40. I've had this argument a bazillion times. The real speed is somewhere between 7-8 sps. :) 27.40 is 3-4x over the mod block cap. If you get it below 8 sps then you won't lock up.

NITROTUEL

I been using the Black ops rapid fire and quick reload Fal-44, Chicom-46, M27- 43, Skorpion speed works on some of the other smg's.

Fredrow

Legacy support for BO2?

Can someone point me in the direction on where I can find where people are talking about legacy setups for BO2 playing? Like what speeds are good to use, since I see that the legacy software hasn't been updated to support BO2.....

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Just go to the Legacy support section and open up a new post stating whatever it is that u want to get across to the legacy users. That's really the only available thread that they have. There was u legacy update that added new features such as 2 RT drop shot modes "Mode 1 dropshot always & mode 2 hip fire dropshot LT cancels drop function." Legacy users also got a LT auto-sprint and a 2 round burst mode.

Last edited:

Moneybagz

yes..thats what im trying to figure out as well..we need a list for the new and best speeds also what jitter works for shotguns and burst fire weapons would be nice too.

Fredrow

No offense but the Legacy software forum is a Ghost Town!!! I'm just really confussed about the fact that BO2 is one of the biggest games to be released yet no one added any input under that page about speeds for BO2 and also that the Legacy software was never updated for that game!

But I will do as you say!!!!

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

If i still owned a legacy controller i would gratefully help people out with speeds for this game. I know the ragnarok controllers run 8.2 sps for the Fal so I could

imagine that that speed should work for the legacy guys as well. I've spent all my time helping the macro people out with 80+ macros for BO2 and I've even

helped out the ragnarok guys find the best speed settings for the fal. Unfortunately I sold my legacy controller and if I still owned it I would be posting the best

settings for people to use. The forums these days seem like everyone just want someone else to figure all this stuff out for them and there isn't enough people

testing different settings to get findings on the best speeds to run.

Fredrow

I hope that last part of your comment wasn't directed towards me because I have put in a ton of time helping people with problems here on the forums!!! I was with Viking360 from day 1......

Right now I'm running 7-sps but it just isn't that great plus it has a slight delay from pulling the trigger to the first bullets busting out of the gun......

odingalt

Staff member
Fredrow long time no seeeee!!!

Everything is the same as Black Ops, nothing has changed. The software update wouldn't be much of a software update.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

No definitely wasn't directed to u fredrow! I know that u have contributed a ton in the forums. I was going to finish the statement off by saying that there is still a hand full of members who are always here to help people out. Even though im not a long time member as yourself i know enough that your like legend status around here. Dont worry if i had something to say about anyone i would say it directly to them and not in some smug undertone statement. I have a little more class then that.

Last edited: