Black Ops Rapidfire?

I Haven't posted in awhile so im gonna rant on about something. Ok Black Ops has changed my whole Viking using experience and I dont know why, Ive been behind this company supporting it and by promoting it. And im not saying its VIKING360 fault or anything like that i mean u gottta hear me out! The speed for BO is NO faster than any other top market modded controller site. In all Honesty i dont really rep Viking anymore since BO came out. I hear people tell me all the time " well get the Macro its so much faster " In reality its not! Its just a Fanboy like I used to be trying to be cool and sell this amazing controller that has free updates. I wish there was more modding capabilities for the Viking for this game and yea yea The Macro lets you record your moves! and you can customize your LED colors! AND again im not Slashing the Progress and the Hard work thats been put into each V chip, I HIGHLY APPRECIATE IT! I just want to hear the community and see what people trying to say... Thank You...

NYjetsNY1

UNiiQuE xKiiLLA said:
I Haven't posted in awhile so im gonna rant on about something. Ok Black Ops has changed my whole Viking using experience and I dont know why, Ive been behind this company supporting it and by promoting it. And im not saying its VIKING360 fault or anything like that i mean u gottta hear me out! The speed for BO is NO faster than any other top market modded controller site. In all Honesty i dont really rep Viking anymore since BO came out. I hear people tell me all the time " well get the Macro its so much faster " In reality its not! Its just a Fanboy like I used to be trying to be cool and sell this amazing controller that has free updates. I wish there was more modding capabilities for the Viking for this game and yea yea The Macro lets you record your moves! and you can customize your LED colors! AND again im not Slashing the Progress and the Hard work thats been put into each V chip, I HIGHLY APPRECIATE IT! I just want to hear the community and see what people trying to say... Thank You...

If you bought any other modded controller you would be paying $ for a brand new mod.

The macro controller has added stuff like turbo knife.

odingalt

Staff member
UNiiQuE xKiiLLA said:
I Haven't posted in awhile so im gonna rant on about something. Ok Black Ops has changed my whole Viking using experience and I dont know why, Ive been behind this company supporting it and by promoting it. And im not saying its VIKING360 fault or anything like that i mean u gottta hear me out! The speed for BO is NO faster than any other top market modded controller site.

Agreed. Unless your particular modded controller is not speed-adjustable (which most of them now offer adjustable speed).

UNiiQuE xKiiLLA said:
In all Honesty i dont really rep Viking anymore since BO came out. I hear people tell me all the time " well get the Macro its so much faster " In reality its not!

Agreed. Right now the rapidfire for COD on the macro controller is not any faster than even the old Tyr's Hand. We sold Tyr's Hand for awhile for $89, and it was just as fast as the Thor's Hammer and Odin's Raven, which are both just as fast as the Macro controller.

UNiiQuE xKiiLLA said:
Its just a Fanboy like I used to be trying to be cool and sell this amazing controller that has free updates. I wish there was more modding capabilities for the Viking for this game and yea yea The Macro lets you record your moves! and you can customize your LED colors! AND again im not Slashing the Progress and the Hard work thats been put into each V chip, I HIGHLY APPRECIATE IT! I just want to hear the community and see what people trying to say... Thank You...

If you're looking for more modding capabilities you might look into JTAG'ing (the only drawback being getting your box banned 4 hours after connecting with a jtag'd box :cry: )

We designed the macro controller hoping to bring the modded controller to a market of customers OTHER than FPS customers. I wouldn't necessarily recommend upgrading from your current rapidfire controller to a macro controller if you are a hardware FPS/COD player.

yell0w

I have to admit once I finally learned how to get the blackops hex on my thor's hammer I thought I was set. The 8.9 shots per second on the FAL isn't as fast as I had hoped, it tends to lag. And for some reason the controller tends to "skip" when I'm aiming down a target. For example: Target is running from a car to a bush, I have him aimed down from the car, when he runs and I shoot, my aim skips past the target and the bush, then I have to correct myself by moving the aim back. I tried a regular controller and that never happens. I even tried turning the sensitivity down as well. Also I know it's probably not perfected yet but every now and then I get mod blocked and I can't shoot. So i have to pull the battery and turn the controller back on again.

Hopefully viking360 can get these things fixed.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

yell0w said:
I have to admit once I finally learned how to get the blackops hex on my thor's hammer I thought I was set. The 8.9 shots per second on the FAL isn't as fast as I had hoped, it tends to lag. And for some reason the controller tends to "skip" when I'm aiming down a target. For example: Target is running from a car to a bush, I have him aimed down from the car, when he runs and I shoot, my aim skips past the target and the bush, then I have to correct myself by moving the aim back. I tried a regular controller and that never happens. I even tried turning the sensitivity down as well. Also I know it's probably not perfected yet but every now and then I get mod blocked and I can't shoot. So i have to pull the battery and turn the controller back on again.

set to custom speed 12.60

odingalt

Staff member
yell0w said:

I would lower the speed. When you are shooting faster than the in-game filter in Black Ops, the result is skippy speed.

You may feel like you are getting a faster speed by exceeding the cap - you do - but only for short faster bursts, with skips inserted inbetween. I run at about 8.0 SPS on my FAL and my akimbo pistols. Game connection lag makes a huge difference, too. If I host a private match, I can fire at 8.8SPS with my FAL all day long without skipping. Join a 24-player server and I'm lucky to get 8.0 sps without skipping.

Try dropping your speed for smoother firing with less skipping.

bridgemux

odingalt said:

I would lower the speed. When you are shooting faster than the in-game filter in Black Ops, the result is skippy speed.

You may feel like you are getting a faster speed by exceeding the cap - you do - but only for short faster bursts, with skips inserted inbetween. I run at about 8.0 SPS on my FAL and my akimbo pistols. Game connection lag makes a huge difference, too. If I host a private match, I can fire at 8.8SPS with my FAL all day long without skipping. Join a 24-player server and I'm lucky to get 8.0 sps without skipping.

Try dropping your speed for smoother firing with less skipping.

This begs the question, what is the Pre-Tuned speed then?

I've tried 12.6, 11.6, 10.8 and the Pre-Tuned and things are all over the place. From what your saying, connection lag is affecting the firing rate. This is a big difference from other COD games where firing rate appeared to be connected to frame rate. For example firing through smoke (low frame rates) on WAW would cap your controller. The same thing isn't true here. Firing during a napalm strike has no effect on the skipping or not skipping even thou the frame rate is slower. It does answer one thing. Some matches I could run 12.6 the whole match and not have a single skip. The team backs out after, then you get a new group of people and a new host and the thing skips on every setting down to 10.8.

I guess I'll try some lower speeds.

odingalt

Staff member
bridgemux said:
This begs the question, what is the Pre-Tuned speed then?

Pre-tuned speed is Odingalt sitting in the basement in his underwear on the weekend playing COD:BO until he blacks out reprogramming his control over and over again and obsessively reprogramming the controller by 1/100th of a second faster or slower and then watching the gun unload 10 clips in a row and then rinse and repeat. One problem might be that I release the pre-tuned speed that's available in the custom driver editor a couple of days after the Black Ops release, but there was an XBOX live patch the other day that stopped fast reload - wondering if something in the patch lowered the cap just a hare?

I think the real answer here is none of us really know for sure.

bridgemux said:
I've tried 12.6, 11.6, 10.8 and the Pre-Tuned and things are all over the place. From what your saying, connection lag is affecting the firing rate. This is a big difference from other COD games where firing rate appeared to be connected to frame rate. For example firing through smoke (low frame rates) on WAW would cap your controller. The same thing isn't true here. Firing during a napalm strike has no effect on the skipping or not skipping even thou the frame rate is slower. It does answer one thing. Some matches I could run 12.6 the whole match and not have a single skip. The team backs out after, then you get a new group of people and a new host and the thing skips on every setting down to 10.8.I guess I'll try some lower speeds.

Well everybody keep posting your results maybe we'll find some sort of a pattern?

Remmnever

odingalt said:
Pre-tuned speed is Odingalt sitting in the basement in his underwear on the weekend playing COD:BO until he blacks out reprogramming his control over and over again and obsessively reprogramming the controller by 1/100th of a second faster or slower and then watching the gun unload 10 clips in a row and then rinse and repeat. One problem might be that I release the pre-tuned speed that's available in the custom driver editor a couple of days after the Black Ops release, but there was an XBOX live patch the other day that stopped fast reload - wondering if something in the patch lowered the cap just a hare?

I wish I had a basement. I have to sit in my recliner in the living room while in my underwear when I do my intense gaming. The other day I was having a good session after the kids went to bed. I took off my headset for a moment to get some water when I heard some unfamiliar female voices coming from the front room. Turns out some of my wife's friends decided to drop in for a surprise visit. I think I surprised them more as they walked into my gaming area. That'll teach 'em.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Remmnever said:
odingalt said:

I wish I had a basement. I have to sit in my recliner in the living room while in my underwear when I do my intense gaming. The other day I was having a good session after the kids went to bed. I took off my headset for a moment to get some water when I heard some unfamiliar female voices coming from the front room. Turns out some of my wife's friends decided to drop in for a surprise visit. I think I surprised them more as they walked into my gaming area. That'll teach 'em.
thats just an lol moment....

odingalt

Staff member
Remmnever said:
odingalt said:

HAAAAAHAHAHAHA :lol: