Black Ops Recoil Chart

zappopatrick

Black Ops Recoil Chart showing the effects of Rate of Fire, Recenter Speed and Kick on a range of full auto guns.

The three columns on the right shows the likelihood of the gun fully recovering from the recoil of the previous rounds, resulting in that shot going where the first one went.

EDIT 17 Mar 2011 - I am now more in favour of simulating recoil with Viewkick handled as a velocity and Centerspeed as an acceleration, rather than Viewkick as a displacement and centerspeed as a velocity. The tabulated probabilities are the same for both methods, but the spread of the recoil plots will be less for guns with fast fire times, and more for guns with slow fire times (but the shape is the same). Bear this in mind when making comparisons. I will update them shortly.

EDIT - The 2nd Shot accuracy figures have been verified theoretically and are sound, but doubt remains as to where an uncentered gun would be when a second shot is fired. This has an impact on the 3rd and 4th shot figures, and the recoil plots, so they are not totally reliable. I don't think I will be far out though.

I will be updating this chart as I do more work on this, and as more information on the effects of recenter speed on recoil becomes available. I may have got it wrong!

RecoilChartV4_OTHERS.png

Method:

I have assumed that recoil occurs as a random linear distribution between the limits for vertical and horizontal kick as defined in Den's weapon damage chart.

Recenter speed is applied to this distribution; the recenter speed / 5 is the rate of recentering per second. The recentering is applied to the vertical and horizontal kick separately (there has been some discussion about this on this forum).

To produce the figures, I simulated the firing of 50,000 three round bursts, calculating where the gun would be after recentering is applied, at the point at which the next round is fired. This is a rather inelegant use of a spreadsheet, and I am sure that my laptop breaks out in a sweat when I log on! I may look at writing some code in future.

The probability of the gun recentering before the second shot has also been determined by calculation (results from the 2 methods match), but the situation gets too complex for my brain for subsequent shots. More at a later date.

Selected Recoil Plots

Recoil plots for 100 simulated 10 round bursts. The 2nd and 3rd shots are in green (the first is always on target).

SMGs without attachments
RecoilSmallMP5V3.png
RecoilSmallAK74V3.png
RecoilSmallUziV3.png
RecoilSmallMPLV3.png

RecoilSmallSkorpionV3.png
RecoilSmallMAC11V3.png
RecoilSmallPM63V3.png
RecoilSmallKiparisV3.png

Automatic rifles without attachments.
RecoilSmallM16V3.png
RecoilSmallEnfieldV3.png
RecoilSmallFamasV3.png

RecoilSmallG11V3.png
RecoilSmallAK47V3.png
RecoilSmallAugV3.png

LMGs & CZ75
RecoilSmallHK21V3.png
RecoilSmallRPKV3.png
RecoilSmallStonerV3.png

RecoilSmallM60V3.png
RecoilSmallM60gripV3.png
RecoilSmallCZ75V3.png

The effect of attachments on recoil - AK74
RecoilSmallAK74V3.png
RecoilSmallAK74RFV3.png
RecoilSmallAK74ACOGV3.png
RecoilSmallAK74RFACOGV3.png
RecoilSmallAK74gripV3.png
RecoilSmallAK74gripRFV3.png
RecoilSmallAK74gripACOGV3.png

Assault Rifles with ACOG
RecoilSmallM16ACOGV3.png
RecoilSmallAK47ACOGV3.png
RecoilSmallAugACOGV3.png

RecoilSmallEnfieldACOGV3.png
RecoilSmallGalilACOGV3.png
RecoilSmallFamasACOGV3.png

This is what i will be using to approximate the recoil on my weapons:) the problem with recoil in Black ops is that a simple anti recoild isn't enough most weapons in this game also produce a horizontal kick.

zappopatrick

This is coppied from a topic i was a member of a while back:) I believe we came up with an equation for the recoil or displacement in the x and y directions:)could be useful if could remember is since it would mean we could plug in the numbers and find the displacement caused:) with this and then the diagrams above we would know the magnitude and direction:)

then we could compensate exactly:) I'll have a look for the equation i think it was in one of my matlab files:) i'll upload it later if i can find it:)