black sleeper doesn't sync with white battery

G

I just recently got a black sleeper. For some reason it will turn on sometimes with a white battery and then sometimes it won't at all. When it does turn on it will not sync at all. Has anyone ran into this or is there a solution? I didn't mod it myself, I ordered it from the website.

Fredrow

Whats going on????

So when you say white batteries do you mean the white rechargeable M$ packs?? If so, then you need to charge the battery pack up to full charge. Or another great solution would be to go and buy some Energizer AA rechargeable batteries and a charger and use those.

For the simple answer, your batteries are too low on juice.... You need to charge them up.....

G

Nope they are the rechargeable MS ones. They are fully charged since I've only been able to play with my black battery they have been in the charger since. I know it's weird, just wondered if anyone has came across that at all. I have two white batteries and the black one that came with the controller. White ones will turn it on but not sync with the 360. The black battery that came with the controller works fine. I'll go over my buddies house and try to sync with his.

odingalt

Staff member
"That is the craziest thing I ever heard!"

(no really that is pretty crazy) Keep us posted. I don't have a scientific explanation for this one.

CustomzModz

odingalt said:
"That is the craziest thing I ever heard!"

(no really that is pretty crazy) Keep us posted. I don't have a scientific explanation for this one.

Where do the Viking360 installers solder the V++ of the chip. I know there are multiple power supply points on the controller.
*My scientific hypothesis is* :)...You guys solder the V++ of the mod chip to the battery coil point power point?
I really don't know...this is the first thing I though of.

odingalt

Staff member
CG1 - 3.0 Volt regulator. (point near the headset)
CG2 - straight to the AA battery + terminal.
Matrix - straight to the AA battery + terminal.

When you last programmed the sleeper, did you check the 'Allow Configuration Word Programming' box before programming? Which game code .hex is currently flashed on the controller?

G

odingalt said:
CG1 - 3.0 Volt regulator. (point near the headset)
CG2 - straight to the AA battery + terminal.
Matrix - straight to the AA battery + terminal.
When you last programmed the sleeper, did you check the 'Allow Configuration Word Programming' box before programming? Which game code .hex is currently flashed on the controller?

I don't think I did check that box because it didn't show it in the tutorial. This has happened with any hex file, which the controller has always worked fine with (with the black battery). The newest one is the MW2 sleeper dated 11.15.09 The only thing that I can think of is it's something to do with the batteries. I mean the actual controller will turn on but will not sync. I will go to my buddies tonight and give it a shot. His works with both, but his is white. I know weird as shit right? Oh the other thing is I can hit sync on the xbox and the controller... it goes to sync like it's recognizing the controller then the leds on the 360 just go blank. Take the white battery out and put the black one in, it syncs right away. I'll update tomorrow since it's somewhat fucking odd and interesting I ran into this problem.

G

Checked at my friends house. Same thing, I suppose I'll buy some black batteries. Not sure what the problem is but same thing happened with his 360 and white batteries. Black batteries worked fine. White and black battteries both charge fine in both chargers as well. Has to be the soldering points or the battery.

odingalt

Staff member
Maybe the white battery is just finally dying? Rechargeables do fail after awhile. I'm on about my 100th set. Does anybody else in the neighborhood have a white battery pack? This seems like voo-doo magic to me, aren't the white PnC battery pack and the black PnC battery pack identical other than color?

Or when you say white are you meaning the white shell that AA batteries go inside?

G

No they aren't dying. Yes I tried a black and white one at my friends house. Doesn't sync, it looks like they are identical, although the black ones seem to fit in there a little easier. Also I have other normal controllers that work fine with it. I'll just go buy another couple black batteries fuck it. Just wanted to let you guys know about the issue either way.

odingalt

Staff member
I'm sitting here looking at my black sleeper and now I don't trust it lol. I usually just grab whatever I have off the shelf, I've tried red and black PnC batery packs, and white shells with AA batteries, but I've never tried white battery packs.... hmmmmmmmmmm

Has anyone else here used a white PnC battery pack on their viking? If so what were your results, and what was the brand of the battery pack (microsoft or non-oem?)