Blackops 2 No0b Question

dpetree

Hey Everyone,,new Viking Family member here.

So, i have been doing some testing with my new Ragnarok controller, and i am "ok" with it. Not as happy as i thought i would be. I think over time, i will grow to like it more and more. I think my issue is just not enough info on these boards to actually say what to do.

Lets take Bops2 for example since that is all i really play.

I have only read 1 post that actually said what Rapidfire rate to use, and i think i found that in another forum.

It was the FAL and use 8.2

Now, That is all good, and its a good choice gun,and setting, but what about the rest.

I have been testing and i am just not finding that sweet spot on anything.

For example, the MP7. I have tested with Rapidfire on and off, and i can never get the Rapidfire from the controller to even fire as fast as the gun.

For example again, if you take the MP7, and turn rapidfire off, you will see how fast it shoots. Turn rapid fire on, and the SPM goes slower. I have even adjusted the controller all the way up to 99.9 as that is as far as it goes. I was hoping to find even a setting that would at least equal the gun so i do not have to use a point in the point system. Not using a point is what is said over and over again on these forums, but if i can get the gun to even fire as normal rate then its a downgrade.

Maybe im missing something, but i dont get it.

I use mostly SMG's. I can see that the controller helps when you are using an Assault Gun, but what about SMG's

I would like to see some of the best settings for

MP7
Vector
Type-25
Scar (the 8.2 from the Fal does good on this one too)
MSMC

Those are the ones i would like to see how to set up. I have tested all day saturyda and sunday in combat training and just cannot find that sweetspot i need.

Can anyone help?

Also, Thank you in advanced because i have been reading these forums for the last 2 months trying to figure out if i want to buy or not, and the #1 reason i purchased is because of the help everyone gives each other.

SO, Thank you again

odingalt

Staff member
Hello! I don't think I have very good news based on your guns list. Rapidfire only makes semi-auto guns shoot like full auto. Rapidfire is ineffective on guns that are already full-auto, unless you are purposefully trying to slow them down to conserve ammo and go for headshots.

You might try the various jitter mods instead of rapidfire.

dpetree

That does make total sense since the way the guns are on Bops2 - There is no "RapidFire" attachment like in mW3. You can add rapidfire to a SMG in Mw3 but in Bops, you can't. You get select file witch only turns the guns into simi or auto

Now, the questions is..and i need to go read more of the MW3 post, but

What is the best setting to add RF to a smg in MW3 so you dont have to use the RF attachment.

Ill go read but if anyone has any hints, please feel free to post.

Thanks

modded matt

LOL dude, I am going to try my best to say this without sounding like an ***...

you are misunderstanding the definition of the term Rapid Fire. The rapid fire movement started a few years ago with COD4. We wanted to use the G4 as a fully automatic fire weapon. So programs were wrote to pulse the trigger making the controller think the trigger was being pressed very fast when in fact you were only holding the trigger. This works great with any single fire weapon.

Now as games have progressed, the game developers created patches to stop this because they say it is an unfair advantage. as games progressed further they game designers are creating more ways to stop us so the latest ploy is to make all guns full auto or selectable.

that was the history here is the fact with ALL rapid fire controllers:
Rapid fire controllers will not speed up full auto guns, in fact, it will slow them down providing better accuracy. You can use a rapid fire controller on a simi auto gun to make it full auto without using a perk to do so.

You are asking us about a perk that was created in Modern warfare called "Rapid fire" which speeds up the fire rate of full auto guns. so in the end the problem here is your definitions. The rapid fire perk from the modern warfare series is not the same as a rapid fire controller. Our controllers cannot just recode a game, they push buttons. If it cannot be done with a button press, it cannot be done with a controller mod. This is true for every modded controller ever conceived.

dpetree

Why thanks for not "trying to sound like an a$$"

Gotta love them skills

Since your a mod,, can you please delete my account on this forum

I looked through the settings and could not find it, but i am sure you can do it faster

Sorry for asking a simple questions

But please delete my account.. Thanks

Last edited:

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Hey dpetree try not to get frustrated. He really didn't mean to offend u. If u look at the first part of his statement he was pretty much throwing a disclaimer

out not to get offended. With that out of the way I think I might be able to help u out. U say your a SMG guy on BO2. Well try getting familiar with the

Akimbo mods and dropshot mods. Here is a real good setup for u to try. Go to akimbo mode 4 and drop shot mode 2. With these 2 mods together u have one

bad *** run and gun setup. Now when u pull the right trigger u will Aim, fire and drop just with the press of one button. Now say u don't want to drop all

you have to do is aim with the left trigger first and when u pull the right trigger u will just be aim firing. Then U can also use auto-sprint with all of this. Now

u can tap the left trigger and sprint. It also work good say your aimed on an enemy and u miss your shot, all u have to do is hold forward let go of your aim

button and u will start sprinting. Mix all this up with some fast reloads on top of all these mods and u got one bad *** setup. Controllers today are so much

more than just rapid fire now and viking is truly the most user friendly of mods. Also if you dont know how to turn on mod like auto- sprint or turbo knife just

ask me and ill gladly walk u through it. I know the forums can be frustrating sometimes, believe me i have had my fair share of battles in here, but pleas don't

let that run u off. Everyone here really just wants to help you and everyone else out. If u have any questions feel free to private message me and ill help

u out ok bud. Your friend Nerdy!

Last edited:

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Hey dpetree I like how u noticed the 8.2 works good with the scar. We call those reduced recoil mods. U do lose the speed of the rate of fire but u gain in

reduced recoil. The gun wont keep climbing up on u and this is real helpful when your trying to pull of distance shots! Rapid fire on automatics is normally

ineffective but there are circumstances where u can find the sweet spot and have a automatic still fire fast and get reduced or even 0 recoil. And when u do

find these ones out they are gems! If you play MW3 i can tell u a speed to use on the G36C that gives it 0 recoil and I mean shoot all the way across the map

and all your bullets hit in the exact same spot zero recoil and the rate of fire is hardly diminished. I have a lot of useful information so dont hesitate to ask me

anything ok. Thanks.

Last edited:

modded matt

DPetree, I am very sorry I offended you. It was not my intent, and I apologize.

I was merely trying to explain in a way that you would understand (because you asked the same question twice) and it boils down to definitions. I just reread my post again, and dont understand why your upset. I feel in order to work through your problem, you needed all the facts.

Now if you would like to discuss the best speeds for single fire weapons, or other features I/we are glad to discuss them with you, But I think you now understand the difference between a Rapid fire perk and a rapid fire controller which was my only intent.

Again, I am sorry for offending you.