Broken Controller Need repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitz0596

Okay well Iv had problems with it after the first month I bought tried getting it repaired but you guys said no but theirs been something wrong with it, it doesnt SWITCH MODES now or change them, Cant use Jitter on x,y and the sync dont work. All its is trouble for me you can check all my old threads Im very upset i cant use this for the life of me. This was my only controller I had and now every time I play black ops its always fucked up so can you repair the controller motherboard might bad the chip idk never opened it. I could send it in with a new controller and some cash since its out of the warranty now. I just want to use my old controller again and have fun.

Thanks for your time
~Fitz0596

Fredrow

fitz0596 said:
Okay well Iv had problems with it after the first month I bought tried getting it repaired but you guys said no but theirs been something wrong with it, it doesnt SWITCH MODES now or change them, Cant use Jitter on x,y and the sync dont work. All its is trouble for me you can check all my old threads Im very upset i cant use this for the life of me. This was my only controller I had and now every time I play black ops its always fark up so can you repair the controller motherboard might bad the chip idk never opened it. I could send it in with a new controller and some cash since its out of the warranty now. I just want to use my old controller again and have fun.

Thanks for your time
~Fitz0596

Well my first question is, did you do anything to cause your controller to working? Also I'm having a very hard time believing that when you contacted us about your messed up controller, that we said no, to fixing it.....

fitz0596

Yes everything is the same with the controller I bought it working i got banned off xboxlive so I stoppedusingitfor about 2weeks then I couldnt load custom drivers.I contacted you guys I went though all these steps and u guys said it was fine . But i knew it wasnt right now its now working so yeah

fitz0596

y would I put a macro on a thors hammer
i know how to change the mod on it I have a macro
Im just tring to get this fixed so I can give it to my bestfriend on live for his bday
its has somethinng to do with the chip

WetterThanWater

Sorry, I was just suggesting that because I've seen two or three people put Macros onto their Legacy controllers, and then complain they're broken.

We're just trying to eliminate all of the possible things that are wrong with it.

Fredrow

fitz0596:

Do this for me,

Go and download the
'Thor's Hammer: Button Test Code'

First find out what type of 360 controller PCB you have, either a CG or CG2 board.... If you do not know how to tell please tell me quickly so I can post img of how to tell the difference.....

get fresh AA batteries puck into the controller. Take the battery pack out and hold down the guide button and the SYNC button while still holding them down insert the battery pack into the controller. This should put your controller into programming mode...Right??

Connect the controller to your PC, either by pNc or 3.5mm jack option (whichever you have)

Now with the HID-bootloader open it should say "device detected and connected"

Now do these next steps in the exact order that I'm going to list them..... Cool???... Sweet....

Press the button that says; "Erase Device"...... (remember not to press anything until the bootloader has said the process is complete)

Now, remember when I asked you what 360 controller PCB you have? This is where that comes in handy now. If you have a CG board, then go on to the next step.. But if you have the CG2 PCB you need to check the box that says "Allow Configuration Word Programming"

Next press the button that says "Open Hex File" and load the button test code you just DL.....

Then press 'Program/Verify' button and again don't press anything until the bootloader has completed the flashing process....

When done flashing, press 'Reset Device' button and disconnect the controller from your PC (just a heads up your LEDs may flash during this, that is not a bad thing)

Finally pull the battery pack out and then put it back into the controller and power the controller on and report back with the results from the button test code...... Please......

THOR'S HAMMER BUTTON TEST CODE

LEFT STICK = LED-4 (blink 1x)
LEFT BUMPER = LED-4 (blink 2x)
RIGHT BUMPER = LED-4 (blink 3x)
RIGHT STICK = LED-4 (blink 4x)
X = LED-3 (blink 1x)
Y = LED-3 (blink 2x)
B = LED-3 (blink 3x)
A = LED-3 (blink 4x)
LEFT TRIGGER = LED-3 (blink 1x) then LED-4 (blink 1x)
RIGHT TRIGGER = LED-3 (blink 1x) then LED-4 (blink 1x) then repeats.
SYNC = LED-4 (blink 5x)

fitz0596

Im at my dads I dont have the controller with nor my xbox but idk how to get it in program mode the sync dont work

NYjetsNY1

fitz0596 said:
Im at my dads I dont have the controller with nor my xbox but idk how to get it in program mode the sync dont work

What did you do to make the sync button not work? Did you drop the controller, spill something on it, etc?

Fredrow

[color=#0000FF said:
fitz0596[/color]]Im at my dads I dont have the controller with nor my xbox but idk how to get it in program mode the sync dont work

[color=#008000 said:
NYjetsNY1[/color]]

What did you do to make the sync button not work? Did you drop the controller, spill something on it, etc?

fitz0596:

NY brings up a good question now, and if you could can you please answer truthfully? It doesn't matter to me if you dropped it or spilled anything on it, or through it at the wall/friend/girlfriend/parents/pet/teacher/mailman/your-own-foot/pool....(I think you get the point.....) If we get all the facts we can it makes much easier to visually trouble shoot what the problem maybe.

Another thing too about the SYNC button is, if it was installed incorrectly then the sync button would have never worked at all or it would have worked once. As in being pressed in one time..... It is a movable part but it is designed to fit nicely on the top trim without just "braking" on its own.....

fitz0596

Okay yes i have no problem answering that I dropped it once in while from like 2 feet off my chair, But idk if this has a affect on it but I didnt use it for a couple week and it sat in a hot house it could have melted a solder point?

Fredrow

[color=#00FFFF said:
fitz0596[/color]]Okay yes i have no problem answering that I dropped it once in while from like 2 feet off my chair, But idk if this has a affect on it but I didnt use it for a couple week and it sat in a hot house it could have melted a solder point?

Your house would have been super hot for this to happen, I'm going to step-up and say that did not happen.....

Does your SYNC button press in???

WetterThanWater

Solder melts at 90-450 degrees Celsius and 190-840 Fahrenheit. You would die in that condition, you didn't melt the solder in your controller unless you left it in a stove or something that was on.

fitz0596

Oh well about that solder methond then idk yes I dont have the controller tomorrow when I get back to my moms
I will make a video or sumthin okay?
so yeah but i know it press
and hmm how could point be broken?
like if I drop it of a chair or something ?

Fredrow

fitz0596 said:
Oh well about that solder methond then idk yes I dont have the controller tomorrow when I get back to my moms
I will make a video or sumthin okay?
so yeah but i know it press
and hmm how could point be broken?
like if I drop it of a chair or something ?

If your SYNC button still pressing in and works as normal "like being just a stock controller" then the only thing that is wrong would be one of these problems:

***The jumper wire for the SYNC button has come disconnected***
***The GND wire is not making contact to the Viking chip****
*** The voltage source wire is not making contact to the Viking chip***

For any of these things, I would fix it for like $10 dude......

Fredrow

WetterThanWater said:
+Shipping

Dude really???? I like your enthusiasm but this doesn't help anyone.... Your not the one getting a controller repaired....haha...

Not trying to be a dick here or be mean, but your just cluttering up the threads with comments like this.... This thread alone you must have left 3 or 5 post that make me scratch my head.....

Status
Not open for further replies.