Button Maping

On the controller like the Macro controler that has multiple tack buttons, If you could change your button layout to say add a few buttons to the tac switches for easy access.. Having your finger on the tac switch naturaly is going to shave off time to say reload, if you start maping multiple buttons like jump, laydown etc you could shave off a good amount of time and have a advantage.. you could implement it in your software to assign what tac controlls what button. I am not sure if its possible, or how you could get the mods to also work but I think it would be a great advantage and alot of the work is already done since the buttons are already wired to the Tac switches.

modded matt

you can assign any button press to any of the tact switches on the macro controller. so when you press left tact2 the controller will press B, and so on..

odingalt

Staff member
This feature has been available since day 1 :)

In the software hover over a tac switch, like RT1. The grey wheel pops up. Click on the two-arrows for "button re-assignment". Then a drop-down is presented that asks you which button press you want to happen when you press the tac switch.

noonoo390

hey odingalt i know you and some other people here can find your tutorial on how to use the controller on the web sit, i didnt even need a tutorial when i bought it but how come so many people dnt know what the macro can do and how to use it still its so simple and its been out for a while and you and other have perfectly describe what the controller does and how to use it i just dont under stand whats so difficult about the software

odingalt

Staff member
hey odingalt i know you and some other people here can find your tutorial on how to use the controller on the web sit, i didnt even need a tutorial when i bought it but how come so many people dnt know what the macro can do and how to use it still its so simple and its been out for a while and you and other have perfectly describe what the controller does and how to use it i just dont under stand whats so difficult about the software

I don't know noonoo... I don't know... A lot of folks don't even know we have tutorial videos. THEY COME ON THE DISC WITH THE MACRO CONTROLLER. They are on the website right next to the software download. I think there are just a few folks out there that just get impatient/ADD/ADHD and cannot focus long enough to watch the tutorial videos (there's over an hour of them) or read the instructions within the software.

We get new customers asking what our best controller is - we tell them that the Macro has a steep learning curve (it doesn't if you are computer savvy, but the computer-savvy generation has died) so we end up recommending the Ragnarok as the most "out of the box" ready controller and our "best" in best cases (even though really Macro is the best :) ).

Yeah so any way we have been trying to do a better job letting future customers know there is a learning curve and they should check out the video library and software before making the purchase, hopefully this will help divert people who don't want to spend a lot of time setting up the controller. I do understand, some folks just want to get this thing outta the box and shoot the bad guys, and that's really what Ragnarok is for.