button test code

brendanle78

my odin raven i made seems to work perfectly but when i use the button test code, it never works. when i click a button, it does nothing.when i install a driver on the controller, it works. if you can please tell me what is wrong with my controller, i would apreciate it. thanks. also. after i try the button test code and it does not work. i install the regular driver , the controller works but the leds both light up when i only turn on one.

Xx Binno xX

Watch the video to make sure all the led flashes match up. You problem is a short. Make a support ticket and someone will be glad to help you.

brendanle78

XxbinnoxX said:
Watch the video to make sure all the led flashes match up. You problem is a short. Make a support ticket and someone will be glad to help you.
i don't understand how there is a short because the controller works perfectly when i install a game driver. everything works. even the rapid fire. it's a d.i.y. kit btw. if you can tell me, that would be great

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Sounds like the LED's may have gotten bridged or something... But if all the features seem to work, who cares? I wouldn't bother myself...

modded matt

TRY ERASING THE CHIP COMPLETLY THROUGH THE PROGRAMMER, THEN CLICK ALLOW WORD PROGRAMING AND INSTALL "THE WORKS" DRIVER. THIS SHOULD CLEAR IT ALL UP...

SORRY ABOUTTHE CAPS, MY BAD

brendanle78

modded matt said:
TRY ERASING THE CHIP COMPLETLY THROUGH THE PROGRAMMER, THEN CLICK ALLOW WORD PROGRAMING AND INSTALL "THE WORKS" DRIVER. THIS SHOULD CLEAR IT ALL UP...

SORRY ABOUTTHE CAPS, MY BAD
I did that multiple tImes. Even the custom driver works. It is just that when I install the button test code, it doesn't work and the LEDs somehow bridge. It wasn't bridged before. Thanks for all ur help

Ben

Try re-downloading the Button test code, make sure you are d/l the right one for your controller

brendanle78

Ben. said:
Try re-downloading the Button test code, make sure you are d/l the right one for your controller
well, it doesn't really matter. the controller works perfectly. i just resoldered the led and it started working again. thanks for all your help

brendanle78

XxbinnoxX said:
which led did you need to resolder?
i resoldered both. i installed the button test code twice and had to resolder both times because the leds somehow got bridged each time even though it would right be4