Can anyone tell me why i keep losing in FIFA 13

Smootchi29

now i play fifa for a long time since 1997 old ones til now i have evrytime problems i cant seem to steal the ball from the other player i try evrything Jockey Contain but he evrytime get the ball back what im doing wrong can anyone explain i saw on youtube a video about something of Locking player

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57790/t1768745-lock-on-player/

you can see a video about it on youtube i cant find it atm but can anyone tell me why i never can steal the ball i try to learn it on offline mode with world class but its so hard and they can always steal the ball easy from me how? what are they holding to hold the ball?

odingalt

Staff member
How to play defense on Fifa 2012 and Fifa 2013:

Set the controller down on the table and watch the computer play defense for you.

If it looks like you are playing a team with a fast forward, this "do nothing" defense will not work because they will do Y lob chips over your defender all day and get free and clear access 1v1 with your goalkeeper. What you will have to do in this case is select your main back defender, and then have him run towards your goal as quickly as possible, because the other team is going to do Y lob passes all game long until the game lags and your defender lets their forward easily through.

I start each match by running a 5-3-2 formation and have 5-7 defenders jam up at the top of the penalty area so that they can't shoot straight-in. I play defense all through the first half because trying to score is pointless - as soon as you try to score, if you miss, their are given an automatic Y lob pass over your defenders and a clear chance at goal. In the first half, I have my best forward benched, I bring him on the field at half time. By the 2nd half, their forwards are too tired to run past your defense. At this point you can change to a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2, run a possession game, and start shooting every chance you get from outside the penalty area. Also try some runs down the side to kick in some corners.

Generally speaking in Fifa 2013 the easiest way to score thanks to a bug in the defense AI is to have your best goal scorer stop about 5 feet outside the top of the penalty area. Send a straight A button pass into him, pull the left trigger to settle the ball, let the defender run by and then ram it home. Works 50-75% of the time because the defense AI is ****ty and causes your defense to just run past the offender giving him a clear shot on the goal every time. I haven't found a way to stop this except running 5-3-2 and having 5-7 guys jam up the top of the penalty area.

Hope this helps, my 5-3-2 formation is fully custom meaning I had to cluster all the guys around the goal and penalty box, but it seems to frustrate the good players and it's gotten me up to Division 2/Division 1 several times.

Second tip is don't ever play on Sundays evenings if you live in North America. You will only get paired with South American or UK players that don't have jobs and do nothing but sit around all day playing fifa. You will win way more games Friday and Saturday night when all the noobs are on-line.

Another tip, you can quit anytime before 5:00 in the first half without conceding a loss. If there is game lag - get possession, pause the game, and QUIT!!! There are lots and lots of players using lagswitches to screw up your defense and ruin your timing. Don't bother trying to play these guys nor guys that are 4,000 miles away on dialup modem with 400 ping.

Smootchi29

i know but evrything i do like jockey without using the direction stil they get me but i wil try to play defense team they always get the ball from me even when i hold LT jockey to keep the ball or RB they always get it from me easy and i have a hard time taking it from them but i wil try later your things when i come home. do you know any glitches exploits in fifa 13 that i can use for a friendly match online? what u mean by a bug in the ai?

im from the netherlands and i have also a fast internet 120mb but thats it i wanna try and beat all of them i dont wanna play agains only bad players but it isnt fair that when you play with barcalona and stil have a hard time stealing the ball whats the best thing to do Jockey doesend work nothing sometimes i normally use LT jockey plus holding a Contain and i dont use the direction so what you mean if i put it on ultra defensive i dont have to play at all only when i have the ball? so u mean by set the controller down the table so i dont touch the controller and it plays defensive for me once i put it on ultra defensive?

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
I only play with a team that has 70 ratings. Seattle Sounders. Pick your favorite team and learn the players strength and weaknesses. Stay away from the 90 level teams (Barcelona, Madrid, etc.).

Smootchi29

i think i wil quit this game it frusterates me alot that i cant keep the ball even with barcalona many time si gues i wil keep it on nice single player games like fall out skyrim red dead redemtion maffia and assasins creed 3 and more and some poker games im not going to play game where i try hard and play for a long time and stil cant do it right to keep the ball:) i love soccer but its bugged and ****ed up:)

odingalt

Staff member
Try PES, I can't disagree, FIFA is a laggy, buggy pile of crap and has been for quite some time.

Smootchi29

Try PES, I can't disagree, FIFA is a laggy, buggy pile of crap and has been for quite some time.

well i dont like pes that mutch im more a fifa fan and it has more player base then over pes. but ye im playing now racing games and offline story games etc hey one question could i make a macro for racing that automaticly race for me with a button pres?