Code of Conduct

God

You know, it was mentioned earlier, but even before I saw that I wanted to bring it to your attention. The Code of Conduct changes:

Unsupported Peripheral Devices & Applications

Any user who utilizes an unsupported external hardware device or application to interact with the game is subject to penalty. Unsupported peripheral devices and applications include but are not limited to modded controllers, IP flooders and lag switches.

Minor offense: User will be temporarily banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset and will have their leaderboard entries deleted. Extreme or repeat offenses: User will be permanently banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, and will be blocked permanently from appearing in leaderboards.

---

Some people, mainly Jets, thinks that maybe this is just a scare tactic because a lot of people use them. I wonder if maybe they are going to be stricter on modding or if that fails, put lower and lower fire rates into the game. Evidentially, 3arc will most likely use the community report feature to police modders.

Apex NuGz

"are not limited to modded controllers" what does that mean.? that they can permaban us? and its just BS that its like this... Microsoft makes tons of money off on modded controllers companies from them buying the xbox 360 controller to open up.. and i just think its ridiculous that they cant realize its not cheating.. its not our fault the game has those flaws...

Last edited:

NYjetsNY1

"are not limited to modded controllers" what does that mean.? that they can permaban us? and its just BS that its like this... Microsoft makes tons of money off on modded controllers companies from them buying the xbox 360 controller to open up.. and i just think its ridiculous that they cant realize its not cheating.. its not our fault the game has those flaws...

This isn't actually a change. It has always been this way so I've heard. Lag switches/IP flooding I heard was in fact ban-able, however, modded controllers aren't.

The problem has always been 'proof.' Microsoft can't get the proof that you are using a modded controller since you aren't modifying the game code. You just are allowing your controller to do button sequences that may or may not be humanly possible. They've never been able to really ban for it unless they somehow actually videoed you using the modded controller while you are playing black ops 2 for example, which would violate rights and be illegal and thus they can't. I also want to say that if you use an extremely inhumanlike-type rapid-fire constantly and consistantly - there is some slight chance the game could detect it and with enough proof have you banned. However let me also say this has NEVER happened before. But let me not digress too much. My point is that I believe this call of duty will still be moddable and also won't ban you for using a modded controller. But in case of banning or inability to use modded controllers online - "Viking360.com does NOT support or endorse the use of these controllers on XBOX Live." However I believe we will still do what is in our power to try to make the best mod and the most unbanable mod if you will.

Last edited by a moderator:

God

its not our fault the game has those flaws...
It is your fault that you choose to exploit those flaws.

The problem has always been 'proof.' Microsoft can't get the proof that you are using a modded controller since you aren't modifying the game code. You just are allowing your controller to do button sequences that may or may not be humanly possible. They've never been able to really ban for it unless they somehow actually videoed you using the modded controller while you are playing black ops 2 for example, which would violate rights and be illegal and thus they can't. I also want to say that if you use an extremely inhumanlike-type rapid-fire constantly and consistantly - there is some slight chance the game could detect it and with enough proof have you banned. However let me also say this has NEVER happened before. But let me not digress too much.

Apparrently, every game you play will be recorded via 3arc servers. So technically, all they have to do is look into your previous games, and if you are using a jitter mod they would know. I can only assume that they could get past the legality of it with their terms of service.

NYjetsNY1

I agree. How fast would it really be though?

I actually am having someone test out my perfect-humanized-rapid-fire. It is faster than black ops I speed so far. We'll see! And since my humanized rapid-fire is perfect (as in no human-imperfections, so less humanized I mean) it may not be the best rapid-fire to use because of the code of conduct thing, but once again time will tell!

I can always add some slight imperfections so that it is more human-like, but we'll see! Gotta wait till post-tuesday.