Connecting Controller To COmputer

aYoManny

I Got my controller today and i went to add more presets to my controller and i turned it off and plugged in the cable. i didnt hear the da-ding? sound. im also holding the sync button so it can power on and nothing happens. what am i doin wrong ?

odingalt

Staff member
When you hold down the sync then power up the controller, do you see the LED3 and LED4 lights turn off?

Do you have the sleeper with the 3.5mm option or the PnC option?

When you launch hidbootloader.exe do you see any messages?

aYoManny

i have the sleeper with the 3.5 jack. and when i hold down the sync button and power the controller on led 3 and 4 shutoff and 1 and 2 stay on. and when i launch the hidbootloader.exe no messages pop up. it just says device not detected. verify device is in bootloader mode

odingalt

Staff member
I can try mailing you a new cable to try to test if the cable itself has failed, also if you could try giving your computer a reboot, and then following the same steps again.

aYoManny

forget it, i wass doing it wrong, i wass just presssing the sync button and not powering it up. it works now. is their a way i could put all the presets for like halo 3, cod 4, and cod5 in the same controller without having to connect it everytime i switch games ? ANd also when i power it up after it connected to my pc the 1st and 2nd lite show up like you said...

odingalt

Staff member
Cool glad you got it figured out :)

I am going to work on the 'one size fits all' mod this weekend, rapid-fire ONLY (no special glitches or modes) for COD4, COD5, GOW1, GOW2, and Halo 3. Mode '6' will be user-programmable. Basic this will just emulate the most common controller that most mod shops are offering right now. It's kind of silly that I haven't already released such a game preset, I've been too busy focusing on the 'special' stuff like fast reload and zombies.

So stay tuned, sign up for my e-mail newsletter and I will send out a newsletter when it's ready! I'm aiming for Sunday but maybe sooner, it all depends on how troubleshooting/debugging goes.

Einar

odingalt

Staff member
Done, there is a a preset for Sleeper now available in the downloads section, it has 4 modes:

COD5 fast (6/11 patch compatible)
COD4 fast
GOW1/GOW2 fast
Halo 3 fast (dual wielding rapidfire)

Give it a try when you have a chance. Duo to come this weekend.

aYoManny

alright man, thanks. ima try it out. another question. is there a way i could put a preset for every game i want like, cod5,cod4,gow1,gow2 and halo3 without having to download them everytime. can i like automaticly save all of them on the controller ?

odingalt

Staff member
No, you can't load multiple game presets into the controller. Unless we release a preset that has multiple games in it. I.e. that is why I released the 'popular 4-mode preset' tonight, it has rapidfire for the 4 most popular games at the moment. Will also be adding mode 5: user programmable speed this weekend. This emulates the most popular preset used by just about every other mod shop on the 'net.

aYoManny

ohh ok i understand. i got my controller today and i love it. lol i showed so many people and they fell in love with it also im playing cod5 and so many random people that im playing in a lobby with are asking me where i got my mod from and i say viking360 :) another thing. i just downloaded the popular 4 preset. when i turn it on and put it like on mode 3 and turn it off, does it start back to mode 1 or 3 ?

odingalt

Staff member
It starts over at mode 1.

I will look into having the controller remember what mode it was in when powered off. Another great idea by my customers :) When I creat the 5th mode: user programmable speeds, I'll have to implement a saving feature anyway.

aYoManny

lol you sure it starts over because i think it stays in the same mode it was before instead of starting over at 1