connecting to computer help...

blober54

whenever I hook my controller up to the computer, the controllers leds shut off (dunno if thats normal) but my computer recognizes the controller, but as an unknown device.... is their a driver? lol... I dunno...

I bought the DIY kit and I'm pretty sure I did it up right....

leme know if anyone else has had this happen

thnx

blober54

hahahahaa..... fixed it... first off its 6am and I've been up since noon yesterday lol.... got off work and saw I got my DIY kit in the mail and was like !!! gotta do it... got off work at 12, had a few things to take care of, then 2 hrs of install lol, and bam... I crossed the usb data wires.... in the pic they cross eachother and I missed that the first time :) so ya....

I figured that was it after I posted this.... dummy

odingalt

Staff member
Great work, glad you figured out the problem, and thanks for coming back and reporting. The more troubleshooting posts we see (and solve) in the forums, the better chance the next guy who has the same problem will find the answer here.

blober54

yup, my thoughts egzactly... I'm gunna be pulling my controller back apart and taking some pics of it to show how I installed it... fallowed the latest tutorial you have from 8/1 but I ran the wires alittle different in a few spots.... the controller lined up first try too :) woot!!!

A Saints Sinx23

Please read this, about my new controller

I just got my new sleeper controller in the mail today, and i wanted to try to update it to my comp, and install a different program, then the basic one that comes with it. so i plug the usb drive into my laptop,but when i put the other end on my conroller, the charger part covers the sync button, and the tutorial says you have to press the sync button and the middle power button at the same time, to make the computer recognise it. well i got a really skinny object and slid it under and was able to press the sync button, so i was able to press the sync and the power atthe same time,but it still didnt recognise on my computer. but my controller is differeent from the one in the tutorial. it plugs into the top, like a regular charger, but the tutorial has it plug in fm te back??? Please help, i need some explanations.
-thanks

odingalt

Staff member
If your controller uses the Play n' Charge port for programming, you can put the controller into programming mode BEFORE you plug in the PnC cable:

Power off controller (take out batteries)
Put batteries in.
Holding down sync button, power up controller (keep holding sync button for 1-2 more seconds, you'll see LED3 and LED4 go off)
Then plug in your PnC cable, should be recognized by windows.
Be sure to download and open the hidbootloader.exe to program the controller, windows will not do it for you.