Controller always stuck in programming mode

MacroUser3

Hi,

I received my new controller today and successfully loaded a MW2 preset on to it and it worked fine.

I then tried playing GTA IV and I noticed the shots were too slow. As the Macro software is way too complicated I unsucessfully tried editing the Macro.

I then opened my old Odin's Raven HIDBootLoader and tried programming my new controller with the All-in-One hex file (it has GTA IV preset on it), I guess that was a stupid thing to do as now my controllers LED will not light up.

The controller still works but no mods will work, no LEDs will light up except for the two programming mode lights.

I don't know what to do, is there anyway I can reset the controller?

I've tried exporting the MW2 macro to the controller but even that doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

odingalt

Staff member
You've erased the firmware. You'll need to reload the firmware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJG1XTi8b14

Once you've got the controller back to normal, stop by here and let us help you with the macro editing.

If all you are doing is trying to adjust the rapidfire speed, you are making life way too difficult on yourself. All you have to do is enter a new speed in the timeline multiplier box and viola, you can pick any speed you want.

MacroUser3

Thanks! This video helped me restore my firmware.

All I am looking to do with my controller is to speed my shots up to 15 a second for GTA IV, I think that's the maximum the game will process.

The MW2 Macro preset I downloaded works great with MW2 but doesn't work as well in GTA, I guess you can shoot more than 10SPS in GTA.

Sorry if I sound inexperienced. My previous Odin's Raven worked great and I never had a problem with it, but since I ordered a Macro I can't seem to edit the timelines well.

odingalt

Staff member
Start out with a fresh macro set sheet in the software.

Click on the little file folder on the wheel on the right trigger "RT" to load a macro. Pick the "Rapidfire - Right Trigger (10SPS)" file.

Ok, you've assigned 10 shots-per-second rapidfire to your right trigger. Now click on the little filmstrip on the wheel to edit the macro.

In the macro timeline editor, click on the grey gear to open up the VKM Properties box.

Change the "Speed Multiplier" to 1.5.

Click ok. Click the green check mark to save your edits.

The macro is now set up for 15 shots per second. (10 * 1.5 = 15)