Controller bugging up and reseting

SuperX70Pro

A couple of days ago my controller's chip started reseting itself, and sometimes functions would disappear until i unplugged the battery and plugged it back in. But also the battery wouldnt pick up from time to time. It seems like my chip is going out? Although as of right now i am still pretty happy with it and i can deal with the issue if its not a big deal

oDEEKo

Sounds like you're using a rechargeable battery pack? If so it's probably the battery pack on it's last legs. Macro chips need a minimum voltage to be supplied constantly, once the voltage drops below that threshold you'll start seeing issues like you describe. Hence the default response from tech support with all macro issues will invariably be 'have you tried fresh, decent brand, double A batteries?'

Alternatively play with the play and charge kit plugged in and see if that solves the issues.

I've also found that after lots of use/time the 360 controllers can start to crack around where the battery pack clips in. Usually not a problem if you're using AA batteries, but the rechargeable packs use different contacts and they can end up a loose enough fit for the battery pack to start randomly disconnecting..

JIM WALKER

Top end response Deeko, I regularly had the same random issue with my macro, purchased a new rechargeable pack, problem solved, at least until the next time ... plus, if the pack is not an official MS one then they tend to be much poorer quality, hence they fail a lot sooner ...

SuperX70Pro

This helped a lot! Thank you! And yes i have already seen my battery pack holder starting to chip so i went ahead and put it back together with e-poxy, i figured the issue was from the clips where it started to crack

Last edited: