Controller identification

dogeatdog

Hi guys,

I know the difference between the old matrix, cg and cg2. But can someone tell me what controller this is ?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15856171/controller/IMG_2357.jpg (warning : 3.4MB high res pic).

I haven't opened it yet, because I want to be able to return it to the shop if it's not moddable with the Ragnarok.

It looks to be a Matrix, but not the old one. Or is this a CG2 in disguise ?

dogeatdog

Oh crap, just answered my own question :

"New matrix 2 board.
This board is almost exactly like the old matrix board. One way to tell if its a matrix 2 board is when you take the battery pack off you will see no gold spots and inside it will be sliver looking. Also Matrix 2 boards will only be in new xbox 360 wireless controllers."

It's a Matrix 2. Any chips I can use for that ? Or plans on having the Rag work for this one ?

modded matt

those were a short run by MS. the rag was designed for that controller when MS went back to CG2 viking redesigned the rag for CG2, all current vikings are for CG2

ask E if he still has one laying around. I used my last one recently.

dogeatdog

I swapped one with the controller in a new 4GB Slim pack which HAD a cg2 controller, so I'm good for now. I think that short run is still lasting here in the Netherlands though. Will be a few more this week and see what board they have. Can you please tell me who E is ? :) It might be prudent for me to buy a few of those Matrix 2 ones just to be sure. I gather it's an actual redesign or firmware and not just some other wiring diagram ?

odingalt

Staff member
You I can maybe barely see the bottom of the text in your pic, if that's tp26 to the left of the round solder point then you probably have a matrix2. We have a few matrix2 Ragnarok modchips, I had to build them for a wholesale client, we may have 5-10 left on the shelf I could ask the staff to add them to the website inventory ?