Controller Issues

a42ozslushie

Well there are a couple of problems. After my controller has 3/4 batteries in it my wired mic starts buzzing and I am not able to communicate with people. Also a little before this happens the controller starts loosing connectivity and dis-connects itself and I have to take out the battery to re-connect and sync it.

The one last thing I noticed was when in Sniper mode for MW2 from the driver 'The works' and I have the mode off it still breathes in for me while I press the left trigger. I am not sure if this is a coding error or the controller's fault. If you could please help me out with these issues that would be much appreciated!

odingalt

Staff member
I believe Fredrow with East Seattle Electronics put this one together for you? You'll have to contact him if it's a hardware tech support issue.

Fredrow

Hey what's up D???

First thing first, if you have tried to email me at fredrow425@east-seattle-electronics.com I have not been able to sign in, to check emails. I just switched over to Windows7. Which does not support Outlook. So I'm still trying to figure that all out.....

With the whole controller freaking out because batterers are low is normal with the Viking360 controllers. Its just because we use a more powerful chip setup than all other mod shops out there. Which gives us the ability to give you the customers a better controller for gaming. What type of batteries are you using?? Normal AA? Re-charge AA?? Or the M$ batterer pack??
You may want to do this, go to Fry's and buy the Energizer Rechargeable batterer set. It comes with 4 AA, and a charging kit for like $18. This will solve your problem.

Now about the sniper mode problem. I believe this is a coding error, not hardware. If for some reason you think it is hardware you should download the "Raven" button test code driver and check out your controller. Why I say its coding, because I just went online and did a quick test and you were right, with it being on the 8th mode (sniper) and with the mode off, it still breathes.....

odingalt

Staff member
a42ozslushie said:
Well there are a couple of problems. After my controller has 3/4 batteries in it my wired mic starts buzzing and I am not able to communicate with people. Also a little before this happens the controller starts loosing connectivity and dis-connects itself and I have to take out the battery to re-connect and sync it.

The one last thing I noticed was when in Sniper mode for MW2 from the driver 'The works' and I have the mode off it still breathes in for me while I press the left trigger. I am not sure if this is a coding error or the controller's fault. If you could please help me out with these issues that would be much appreciated!

You mean it's still holding your breath for you in modes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6?

When you're in mode 7, it's going to hold your breath so long as you're in mode 7 (even if you turn rapidfire off)

Fredrow

odingalt said:
a42ozslushie said:

You mean it's still holding your breath for you in modes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6?

When you're in mode 7, it's going to hold your breath so long as you're in mode 7 (even if you turn rapidfire off)

It's with mode 8 (sniper)..... I haven't talked to this kid yet. But from what I got from it, was when you have it set to mode 8 and then you press the right tact switch to turn it off (so player 4 LED would be off) when you zoom in to snipe it still holds the breath too. I also tested it out and it does it too..... The most funny thing about this is, how this kid found this out. Like why did you have it set to mode 8 and not even use it.....lol.....

a42ozslushie

Yes that is what I mean Chris. Also do you do 360 case installs because I was thinking about getting one but did not want to mess up my 360.

Fredrow

Yeah I can do case installs. But if all you are doing is switching into a new case, its really easy.

I can either do it for you, or help you out with it...... Just shoot me a email or a text.......

odingalt

Staff member
Chrome would look pimp at first, but the Chameleon is going to be 'awesomer' for longer. I would go with the Chameleon. You can never go wrong with clear cases with lights.

a42ozslushie

Okay I ended up getting this diamond clear case and am investing in a see through window for the hitachi driver also some more led's and a whisper fan. I will post pictures when it is all put together.

Fredrow

Hey Dylan are you sure your drive is a Hitachi??

You said that you have the Elite, right??

Both of my Elite's have the Ben-Q drive.....

a42ozslushie

Yeah I am pretty sure mine is a Hitachi because I went to llama 360 and compared the drivers. From those pictures I determined I have a hitachi drive. I got an elite the first couple months they were out and Ben-q is a newer driver.