Controller stops functioning after a few games

eastoakland

A controller I did works fine for a couple of cod5 games but then it stops working all of a sudden. The controller ends up shooting at a rate 1 shot per second after the the symptoms show up. Also the hold breath option doesn't work after the rapidfire stops working.

Everything works fine again after the batteries are pulled out and the controller is turned back on but the controller returns to the semi nonfunctional state rather quickly.

Anyone run into this before?

xX MITCH Xx

r u getting limited? sometimes after i play a couple games i get limited but after the game is over it works fine again.

eastoakland

xX MITCH Xx said:
r u getting limited? sometimes after i play a couple games i get limited but after the game is over it works fine again.

Yeah pretty much. I don't think that is how the controller is supposed to work though.

xX MITCH Xx

ya the actuall game is what limits u cause every once n awhile it will detect the controller. do u have the new presets on your controller?

odingalt

Staff member
Hmm, hard to tell if this is a hardware problem (i.e. something wrong with your wiring and needs to be returned/swapped for a working unit) or a software bug.

Could you surf over to the downloads page, under "multi-mode / generic preset downloads", there is a Button Test Code for the Sleeper http://www.viking360.com/downloads/Slee ... 20Code.rar

Maybe if you could load that code and hold a few buttons down. Each button you hold down should flash one code only on the controller. If the controller is flashing multiple codes, or no codes at all for a certain button, there may be a wiring problem and we need to perform a repair or exchange under your warranty. Shipping costs are on us.