Controller switch weapons & plants claymors

Nate808

Noticed when i have full charge batteries my controller works fine but when i lose one bar and its 3/4 charge my led lights go dim till i cant hardly see them and when i fire the rt it plants claymores and switched weapon automaticly.. Can anyone help on this situation?

Agent

Due to the amount of power that the controller needs you'll be changing or recharging the batteries a lot more often than that of a regular controller. Not sure on the RT problem.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Try using a battery pack with a play and charge kit. Works wonders for me on both my Ragnarok and Macro controller. Do you have any modes enabled with you have the issue? I assume you're playing MW3 so this basically means that when you press RT it instead presses your RB and Y functions. The only thing I can think of is that you have the fast reload enabled which presses those buttons. Make sure no LEDs are lit besides the 1st player LED. If the player 3 or 4 slots are lit, you have some mods enabled (player 3 is for special modes, player 4 is for rapidfire). Turn off all special modes by holding the mod switch and pressing A and see what happens. To turn off rapidfire just so we can see if its a controller issue as well, hold the mod switch and press down on the d pad.

odingalt

Staff member
Stay away from AA alkalines that are labeled "original equipment accessory". Also, try updating to firmware v1.3 for your XBOX 360 Ragnarok. The update is available for free on the VikingDigital.com support page.

Nate808

Thabks for everyones reply, i have all modes off and no led lights are on, full charge will not ever do what its doing, only when the battery is losses one bar then the controller acts up. i cant even play call of duty when it does that. I updated to 1.3 and still same thing happens.. is there any to do a total reset on this controller?

odingalt

Staff member
Thabks for everyones reply, i have all modes off and no led lights are on, full charge will not ever do what its doing, only when the battery is losses one bar then the controller acts up. i cant even play call of duty when it does that. I updated to 1.3 and still same thing happens.. is there any to do a total reset on this controller?

Did you try a different battery pack? The battery charge indicator is notoriously inaccurate. It might just be time to replace the battery pack. I'd be more concerned if it behaves like this with multiple different batteries.

Scatters

I'd just like to throw in my one two-cent coin, my paddle does the 'pull the trigger and it uses the lethal equipment' as well but only when the battery is drained to the point where the LED turns off but the controller still operates, I just charge it right back up and it works fine. My battery I have is like 2-3 years old, its def time for a new one.

Also, it seems to only do it to me when I'm using the rechargeable, it doesn't do it with dead/half-dead Duracell's.