controller want program even to rapid fire

corey64

downloaded new programs followed every step still when done its just a normal contorller when i plug in usb all lights start flashing going crazy i progarm reset nothing read all post tried everything just want program

odingalt

Staff member
You are using the latest firmware from the downloads page?
You are using the latest software from the downloads page?
Can you please post the .VKS file you are currently trying to get to work? We can't help you without this.

odingalt

Staff member
The lights flashing crazy when you plug in USB is normal when you are in programming mode. For example, if you power up your controller by holding down the start button, and then plug it into your PC, the lights will flash crazy - this just indicates it's communicating with your PC.

Are you sure you upgraded to the latest firmware posted on the website? It sounds like there is some confusion here on what the LED's mean...

odingalt

Staff member
I don't know which Ben you are talking about, nor do I know if Ben's got the right files. Attached it the standard dual trigger setup for .VKS. See if this loads up in your software. To send this macro to your controller, you click on the icon of the Computer+Monitor (NOT the icon of the gamepad).

Also in the macro software, if you click on the gears/cog icon, there should be a button that says check for updates.

corey64

ok downloaded the rapid fire when i go to the lil computer in the right hand corner it says syncing macros once it stop i unplug lights still go crazy i turn off back on one red light no rapidfire

odingalt

Staff member
Ok so far that all sounds correct. When you get it to one red light, when you hit the tac switches, do any of the other red lights turn on?

corey64

no it work before dowloaded new program i would import and it would show rapid fire fal fast reload etc

odingalt

Staff member
So when you hit the left tac switch next to the thumbstick, or the right tac switch next to the A button, NONE of them cause the player 3 or player 4 LED's to turn on?

It sounds like you're not really following my steps here to be honest...

corey64

of no im pretty good at things like this but its just not working only one light red light 1 234 dont come on

odingalt

Staff member
The setup works fine on mine. I'm running the software and the firmware from the downloads page on the main Viking360.com website:

http://www.viking360.com/downloads/thev ... _setup.exe
http://www.viking360.com/downloads/thev ... pdater.exe
http://www.viking360.com/downloads/thev ... .8.1.4.bin

I'm running the .VKS file posted a second ago. Upload from the PC to your gamepad is by clicking the icon of the computer/monitor in the software. Not clicking the gamepad. If you click the gamepad, it will just take the settings from your controller and overwrite whatever is on your screen. If there were no settings to begin with it'll just look blank then.

When I load that .VKS using the software, LTAC1 and RTAC1 turn my rapidfire on and off and I see it indicated on LED3 and LED4. My LED1 is on just like a normal 360 controller.

corey64

ok so i redownloaded everything u posted still want work the vksrapidfire file i just drag it to open with the vinking software then go to the lil computer screen in lower right corner i press it says syncing macros then it just stop i unplug controller nothing

odingalt

Staff member
corey64 said:
ok so i redownloaded everything u posted still want work the vksrapidfire file i just drag it to open with the vinking software then go to the lil computer screen in lower right corner i press it says syncing macros then it just stop i unplug controller nothing

So you click the computer icon.
A popup appears that says "Syncing macros... please wait"
Then the popup goes away. (when it's done the popup closes)
Then you unplug your controller from the PnC cable.
Pull the batteries and re-insert the batteries to reboot the controller.

Now you're saying no LED's come on at all??

odingalt

Staff member
I am sitting here with the latest version and it works. So there are two options:

1.) your hardware is broke and you should mail it back in for a diagnosis
2.) you do not have the latest version of firmware and software

We'd be more than happy to run a diagnosis in the shop.

When you were installing the software, did the popup say “This will install The Viking Software 0.8.1.4 on your computer…” because we've had two customers that swore they were running the latest, but it turns out their browser was caching and re-downloading the old version every single time.

corey64

im such a noob just wasted alot of of your time i was just draging the rapidfire folder into the viking software trying to download to controller when i needed to go to the lil folder up top and open the rapidfire files from there i guess overlooking things acting like a kid at christmas riping open the box and overlooking things just ready to pull out box and play but can u blame me i have the most amazing video game controller in the world thanks for every reply now thats one hell of customer service keep up the good work u have a customer for life im haveing a funeral for my thors hammer and youall invited :D

odingalt

Staff member
Thanks for your patience with me, please come back if you run into more problems with the controller as it seems we have some bugs yet to work out.