Current PS3 Plans

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Just wondering what your plans are for PS3? You had said that you'd look at a PS3 version in January, so I am just wondering. I am not that keen on a third party controller, so if you arn't going to make a PS3 version I'm going to have to start looking around... I really love what your doing here, wether or not you make a PS3 version, if I get an X-box I will buy a controller from you. I have yet to find a PS3 controller that supports glitches, and definatly not an upgradeable one.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
If you made the board so that it pluged into here, That would be every input already. The original inputs recorded by the controller would be sent to the viking chip, and it would send them to the board. They would be easy to instal, 90% plug and play with this conector thing.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

PS3andCOD said:
If you made the board so that it pluged into here, That would be every input already. The original inputs recorded by the controller would be sent to the viking chip, and it would send them to the board. They would be easy to instal, 90% plug and play with this conector thing.
Dude I would love a Viking rapidfire for ps3 and that I think would be a easier install than for xbox....but Also I'm not e or Blackburn or Fredrow that's just my two cents ;)

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I know! I really dislike 3rd party controllers, I find that they always break. I have not found a PS3 controller with glitches yet. If it's possible to work it this way, The PS3 version would actually be better than the 360 version. it would get and output every possible button combination, and could convert a held button to a rapidfire button

PS3andCOD

Contributor
If Viking doesn't make a PS3 version, I might buy a maddog controller. I havn't heard much about them, but they are the only PS3 place who have direct trigger instals. Only thing is, it's $35, and that's only one chip, for one trigger (a DIY kit). It doesn't have modes, but it has like a screw, that you turn to change the fire rate, and they have W@W videos so it works for COD. Evil is the only ones with a fast reload for PS3, and it's adjustable. here is the link: http://www.evilcontrollers.com/modded-c ... ad-ps.html

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I just got this from maddog controllers, it's instructions for the direct trigger fire chip. Looks hard to solder though. One slip and you wreck that chip. It's only one pic because it goes with the other instructions on their site.

Sorry, had to remove the picture, aparently it is copyrighted.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I don't know, but you can turn it on and off with a tac switch too. The nice thing about it is that it's kind of like viking, it all comes attatched together, ready to put in. You only need to solder four wires to the controller board, even the tac switch is already soldered to the rapidfire board.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
All that needs to be done is to make a duplicate of that slot thing for the PS3 flimsy board to plug into, and have that be the input to the viking chip, and have the output be a cord to the slot thing on the controller board. If you use a sixaxis conteroller (no rumble) then the chip can fit nicely in the leg of the controller. Also, although some newer dualshok 3 controllers don't have this connector, the first version dualshok controllers, and all sixaxis controllers do. I don't think that this would work on the newest controllers, because they have a different conector that isn't as easy to interfere with as this one. You'll just have to do the mods on any sixaxis controllers you can find on the net, and ones that people send in. If you can find the original version of the dualshok controllers, they have the right conectors too. Only problem is fiting in the chip, that might take a bit of playing. I know that you can fit a duplicate of the conector over top of the original connector, because I have seen it somewhere before, someone did a southpaw mod like that. Unfortunatly I can't find the picture.

IrishStyle

PS3andCOD said:
Aparently Voodoo is coming out with a PS3 version next month, but I hear bad things about them...

Ya I would avoid them, I have also heard and read some bad things as well. Has odin ever said that the viking chip would be compatible? I think a new chip would have to be developed which can be costly. Not sure if thats the case here. But if it is you should look into how it would be wired.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

dude i hate voodoo i bought one..:cry:. to see if there ....S@!%....was worth it and i can honestly say that the controller....excuse me.....SUCKS.the world at war speed is legit 4sps and i think im gonna take the chip out and sell it on ebay for 10$ and keep the controller...VIKING ODINS RAVEN FTW!!!!!!!!!! :D

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Well, you definatly need a new chip, I think it would work best if it was designed to plug into that connector thing, like in the picture above. To be honest, I don't know much about how the chips work, but if it were to receve input from the daughter board (where all of the button presses register, and normaly plugs into the conector thing) It would get all of the inputs before the controller its self gets them. It then just modifies the inputs to what it wants, and sends them out to the controller. It would work perfectly, any button being held down could be changed to rapidfire on that button, which even the 360 version can't do. If I knew more about how the chips work, I would try to make and sell these myself.