Custom painted sleeper

Paul

I'm going to give the first one babies. I think you put a little bit too much black paint on the second one.

Paul

SOCCERdude said:
what do you mean to much black?

I can see some white lines on some parts of the black, and it looks like there's probably a bump between most of the black and green.

IDK, it's not on of your best.

It looks a bit sloppy to be honest. just because the white in the black.

oh i see what you mean. to be honest thats the glare bc i used a flourescent green with a really glossy clear coat. in real life there is no white its just the lighting makes it look like that way. in person, its my favorite but i see what you mean.

Fredrow

No that is not the glare..... What ever color you put on last, you put way to much on..... Kind of looks like all the strips are sucked in, not even at all......

i did what the kid wanted me to. bright green with an extra shiny clear coat. the green is raised a little bit from the black but in person it looks amazing.. trust me! ill put some other pics of controllers up later this week

knightsy1

soccer dude im amazed nice paint jobs how do you do these? i always have a problem they get sticky and they do not work anyways around this?

Paul

knightsy1 said:
soccer dude im amazed nice paint jobs how do you do these? i always have a problem they get sticky and they do not work anyways around this?

Did you prep your controller?

Did you use paint good for this?

Did you use a good clear coat and adhesive promoter?

Did you overspray?

Did you work in a poor quality work area? (Rain, etc)

Did you give your paint enough time to dry?

look up on youtube or google and do some research to find out how to do this. i figured it out by myself... i think paul pretty much summed up the questions needed to be asked. thanks paul!

Paul

SOCCERdude said:
look up on youtube or google and do some research to find out how to do this. i figured it out by myself... i think paul pretty much summed up the questions needed to be asked. thanks paul!

Why thank you. :)

My first controller was out in the rain due to unexpected weather, wasn't a happy ending.

geestthebeast

Krier023

Useful Poster
one thing before you get an xcm controller case. just know that the bumpers dont work as well as stock xbox controllers.

uXlider

Krier023 said:
one thing before you get an xcm controller case. just know that the bumpers dont work as well as stock xbox controllers.

dito

and also poor quality shells and remeber energy wasting (viking + button led`s).

geestthebeast

uXlider said:
Krier023 said:

dito

and also poor quality shells and remeber energy wasting (viking + button led`s).

Ive had some xcm shells before, i had a chrome one w/ red lights and some seude ones too, the chrome sucked and got scratched easilly, for battery use, it ussually didn't use up that much more battery than before. I would have bought a new viking mod if i didin't have to buy a new car,(my brother totaled ours), i should be able to get my parents to buy me a mod and those cases for my birthday.