D.I.Y. kit help

andregandolff

yea i no i just dont want to mess up the controller look with the jack, also does it come with the installation tutorial? If theres a link can i have it? THanks

Krier023

Useful Poster
With the xcm shells you have to be carefull when drilling because the xcm shells are cheap and the paint may peel. some people say taping where your going to drill then drilling through the tape helps with peeling.

Worzel

Just finished my first diy mod but when i try to switch the controller on it wont light up or do anything, if i hold the guide button for ten seconds and hold it down it comes on but obviously something is very wrong, anyone have any ideas?

Ben

Worzel said:
Just finished my first diy mod but when i try to switch the controller on it wont light up or do anything, if i hold the guide button for ten seconds and hold it down it comes on but obviously something is very wrong, anyone have any ideas?

Check all your points, maybe touch them up a little. Check for shorts on the controllers main chip on the back..

Worzel

Cheers Ben will have a proper look at all points tomorrow and get back to you tomorrow evening, thanks again.

IrishStyle

Ben. said:
Check all your points, maybe touch them up a little. Check for shorts on the controllers main chip on the back..

^^this.....Also it may be a wire running underneath the pads maybe.

Worzel

Cheers guys a few dodgy points was causing the problems, just uploaded my hex config and it works great, my friend is so impressed he has just asked me to do one now but to be honest i dont have the patience and time to do another one, (it takes me like 3 hours) ya i know pretty bad but im a soldering novice at best, so iv ordered the mail in service from Ben, thanks again. :)

IrishStyle

Worzel said:
Cheers guys a few dodgy points was causing the problems, just uploaded my hex config and it works great, my friend is so impressed he has just asked me to do one now but to be honest i dont have the patience and time to do another one, (it takes me like 3 hours) ya i know pretty bad but im a soldering novice at best, so iv ordered the mail in service from Ben, thanks again. :)

Good job bro, congratulations! Its definitly a challenging install, but 3 hours is great time for your first install.