D-Pad input rune recording looks not supporting yet

ibluesky

Hi.
Yesterday, I'm tried rune record including the combination of D-Pad key press but seems rune recording is not currently support D-Pad key input record.
When will the D-Pad key input record also available for Berserker with firmware?
Thanks.

odingalt

Staff member
I am on firmware update 3. D-pad key input recording is working for me.

Have you downloaded the latest "Viking Forge USB" app? It will auto update your firmware for you.

Also there is a known bug: after loading a fresh runepack onto your controller, you may have to record one "dummy" rune, then reboot the controller, for runes to playback properly. After that it should work 100% until the next time youload a fresh runepack. This problem is random and does not affect the controller necessarily after each fresh runepack load.

ibluesky

Thanks for answer and tip.
I'm installed Viking Forge USB App 20150113 before but not using it whenever make rune pack(using forge website) but it will auto-update firmware then I will try.
By the way what is the firmware version you're applied to yours?
Mine is PUBLIC-BETA-Berserker-Firmware-2-8-2015-001.

odingalt

Staff member

odingalt

Staff member
(the reason to downgrade, it should force the 4-13-2015 App to offer you the upgrade to the official latest firmware. The Beta 2-8-2015-001 firmware can fool the App into thinking you already have the latest).

ibluesky

I was done official firmware version 3 applied as you suggested and D-Pad input recording looks kind of working.
But it's not smooth when playback.
For instance, start record up-right-down-left button press and stop recording and playback, it's play up-down only.
And press up D-Pad button about 3 seconds then playback, it's only about 1 seconds of up button press playback.
D-Pad buttons are all working normal when I using each of them but rune playback is skipping D-Pad button press recordings.
All other buttons are well playback.
It's very odd and I have no idea what's wrong with it..
Please let me know any other opinion and thanks for your helps.

odingalt

Staff member
It is possible to connect XBOX One to the PC for troubleshooting, are you windows PC or a mac PC or ? Sometimes I have used this tool to verify if the recording is broken.

gamepad-button-monitor-windows-7.jpg

I don't have any tips to try at the moment. I can try recompiling the latest unpublished firmware from my development computer for you to try?

odingalt

Staff member
Here is the unofficial latest firwmare, it was just compiled from the development computer. Be sure to load a fresh rune pack onto the controller as well.

Attachments

• XBOX-One-Berserker-firmware-unofficial-6-4-2015-001.zip
    80.7 KB · Views: 1

ibluesky

Hi. odingalt.
The PC is Windows 8.1 x64 Pro which I connected the XBOX one Berserker and the control panel controller property screen capture you attached is that I already using for the test & confirm.
I will try the attached unofficial firmware and let you know if it resolved this symptom or not.
Thanks.

ibluesky

I just tried with the unofficial firmware but the symptom is same.
I also tried several USB ports my PC but no luck.
Can the D-Pad rune record/playback conflict with the installed software/OS version of connected PC?

odingalt

Staff member
No it should "just work". I do not have any explanation why it would not record some of the dpad button presses.

I would expect it to have problems with all button presses then. Dpad is treated the same as xyba and bumpers in the software.

Unless it is old fashioned bad hardware connection from modchip.

I don't know what to suggest at this point except have you open ticket at vikingdigital.com to set up a return for diagnosis. I would give them a link to this thread in your ticket so they can see I authorized the return already to save time.

bonefisher

Ok I was recording D-Pad presses, but noticed that the playback light doesn't work. Did it used to flash when you pushed it showing that playback feature was playing? Can't remember but the rune played anyway. Had record setup on 1 tac and playback set on 3 tac. Now don't forget when you download rune recording at first try, you need to pull batteries out and reboot controller and it will work then.

bonefisher

Hi.
Yesterday, I'm tried rune record including the combination of D-Pad key press but seems rune recording is not currently support D-Pad key input record.
When will the D-Pad key input record also available for Berserker with firmware?
Thanks.
Try recording something.... then pull battery.......start it back up and hit playback to see if that works. You should only have to do this one time then it will work til the next one after you upload it.

ibluesky

Try recording something.... then pull battery.......start it back up and hit playback to see if that works. You should only have to do this one time then it will work til the next one after you upload it.
FYI, I tried as your suggestion but D-Pad playback still lack of smoothness - recorded series of D-pad key press, playing some of key missing.
Other buttons, stick movements playback smoothly.
For the D-Pad record playback that I want to use, I need to record many times of try to get the D-Pad sequence what I need to use, so it seems working this way of my Berserker now.
But when I made a rune for same D-Pad sequence, it's working perfectly and this looks like not the hardware side problem. (So I think no need to return & diagnostics)
Let me know if you have any other suggestion.
And thanks for helps.

Last edited: