Damn another dead viking360!

40_ounce

Stupid thumb stick or the analog stick broke. Second controller that did this too me. Not viking's fault I know. :twisted: :x :evil:

WetterThanWater

Re: darn another dead viking360!

Did you buy it from Viking360.com/east-seattle-electronics.com/ Whatever Ben's website is, or buy it off ebay/ a friend? If you bought it from anywhere else than Viking360 or the Two other websites I stated, you do not have warranty. If you bought from Viking360.com are you within your 90 warranty? If so, send a support ticket, or send Odingalt a PM.

(If you bought from East-Seattle-Electronics or from Ben's website, you get their warranty, not Viking360's, but I'm not quite sure of what theirs are.)

40_ounce

Warranty done. What a time to fucken break. BO double xp weekend.
Who moved my post to the macro forum? I have a old legacy controller and I originally posted this in the anything goes forum. It's really just a rant. also if someone would like to fix or knows someone that could fix my analog stick please post.

NYjetsNY1

40_ounce said:
Warranty done. What a time to fark break. BO double xp weekend.
Who moved my post to the macro forum? I have a old legacy controller and I originally posted this in the anything goes forum. It's really just a rant. also if someone would like to fix or knows someone that could fix my analog stick please post.

odingalt... make a support ticket or pm him if you cannot. Sorry I put it here because I assumed it was a macro controller, you didn't state legacy. He'll fix it, maybe not free, but probably a better deal than Fredrow, but I can't be certain. I believe he'll only do it if you live in the U.S. as well. PM him and see what he says.

NYjetsNY1

WetterThanWater said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
40_ounce said:
I believe he'll only do it if you live in the U.S. as well.

Not necessarily, I live in Ontario, Canada, and he said as long as I pay for shipping, it'll be a free repair.

Well there you go, paying for shipping, still paying lol. That's good that it is a free repair though, enjoy. Thanks for giving your business.

WetterThanWater

Well, 10-20 dollars shipping isn't bad. But my point was that its not only if you live in the U.S. :3

NYjetsNY1

WetterThanWater said:
Well, 10-20 dollars shipping isn't bad. But my point was that its not only if you live in the U.S. :3

I didn't know lol, but thanks for letting me know.

40_ounce

Thanks for the info guys. I PM'd Fredrow about fixing it.I will try sending odin a pm. I had this problem before and odin wasn't doing that repair at that time. I don't have a problem paying for the repair parts and shipping.

Fredrow

NYjetsNY1 said:
40_ounce said:

odingalt... make a support ticket or pm him if you cannot. Sorry I put it here because I assumed it was a macro controller, you didn't state legacy. He'll fix it, maybe not free, but probably a better deal than Fredrow, but I can't be certain. I believe he'll only do it if you live in the U.S. as well. PM him and see what he says.

:lol: WHAT? :lol: HuuH!! :lol: WHAT? :lol: Oh, I see! :lol: ---> :lol: You said WHAT? :lol: Ohhhhh!! :lol: REALLY? :lol: I hear yeah talking!!! :lol: That's what I'm saying!!!!

I luv how you answer question's like this!!!! In every post you make in regards to E(Mr.Viking360) & myself(Mr.East Side); your tone towards me seems to be a little on the negative side and also you make it sound like I'm in competition with Viking360!

First I would like to say in my defense; I have had the same mind mentality that I had when I was busting my ace off alongside Viking360 (If people forgot I use to be employed with Viking360 before they moved away) planting the seed that has grown into this beautiful company! I'm all about spreading the good word, passing along knowledge, and pleasing the masses.

NYjetsNY1

I am just doing what I am told which is to recommend people to return their controllers to viking360 if there is a problem.

odingalt

Staff member

Fredrow said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
40_ounce said:

:lol: WHAT? :lol: HuuH!! :lol: WHAT? :lol: Oh, I see! :lol: ---> :lol: You said WHAT? :lol: Ohhhhh!! :lol: REALLY? :lol: I hear yeah talking!!! :lol: That's what I'm saying!!!!

I luv how you answer question's like this!!!! In every post you make in regards to E(Mr.Viking360) & myself(Mr.East Side); your tone towards me seems to be a little on the negative side and also you make it sound like I'm in competition with Viking360!

First I would like to say in my defense; I have had the same mind mentality that I had when I was busting my ace off alongside Viking360 (If people forgot I use to be employed with Viking360 before they moved away) planting the seed that has grown into this beautiful company! I'm all about spreading the good word, passing along knowledge, and pleasing the masses.

Chris, when you make comments like "viking360 probably won't fix it" as you did in one of the different legacy tech support threads.... don't assume we don't fix Legacy controllers that are out of warranty. There are only three things we don't fix about legacy controllers:

1.) Things customers broke (or abused) when they opened their controller to tamper with the mod and add more third-party mods (voiding the warranty and voiding my desire to fix anything outside of warranty).
2.) Things that wore out from hours and hours and hours and hours of gameplay. I.e. analog sticks. If the analog sticks are wore out, especially the left analog stick, the entire modchip has to be removed and replaced in order to replace the analog stick. That's 3x as much work as the original mod install. IF this is the case then Fredrow and East Seattle are more than welcome to help out as you're right, we won't touch those.
3.) Controllers that weren't built by Viking360 staff to begin with - OR, people who bought the controller "third party" in any way. That includes buying it off your buddy, buying it off Craigslist, buying it off E-Bay, buying it from your drug dealer in a dark alley.... there's a good chance that somebody botched a DIY kit install and then tried to pass it off as a legit viking360 original. "Homey don't play dat"

If an LED burned out, or the USB broke, or the mod wiring came loose inside the controller from poor soldering by Viking360, or an LED came off, or the modchip truly fails... or anything else with the modchip, mod wiring and tac switch wiring, or any honest-to-God defect in the microsoft controller and circuit board, we'll fix these issues for free until the cows come home, we just ask the customer pay shipping both ways. Why won't we pay shipping? Because this is the #1 method we use to weed out the customers who are just trying to get a free ride off us, from the customers with a legit problem. 99 times out of 100 if the customer has a legit warranty (or out of warranty issue we're willing to fix for free) they'll pony up a couple bucks for shipping.

Everybody else is just a scammer looking for a free ride. So don't assume just because we run everybody through the ringer we don't want to make the repairs. We just have to weed out the 90% of freeloaders so we can make sure we're spending our time and resources helping out those who truly deserve it.

Fredrow

My bad...... I had no idea Viking fixed legacy controllers......