Dedicated Knife/Melee Button

DeusLoKi

I have an Onin Raven and love my controller. It has fit all my needs until recently. For COD games i have used Tac controls for years and when i got my raven i used the drop shot as a Knife/Melee button. I find it nice as a panic Knife/Melee button. Recently i started playing gears 3 beta and other shooters that use b as a Knife/Melee button. The problem that i have been running into is that the drop shot holds the the b button to long for most games. I think that it would be nice to have the option like the drop shot button but not be held as long. It should be possible since we have a drop shot button.

NYjetsNY1

DeusLoKi said:
I have an Onin Raven and love my controller. It has fit all my needs until recently. For COD games i have used Tac controls for years and when i got my raven i used the drop shot as a Knife/Melee button. I find it nice as a panic Knife/Melee button. Recently i started playing gears 3 beta and other shooters that use b as a Knife/Melee button. The problem that i have been running into is that the drop shot holds the the b button to long for most games. I think that it would be nice to have the option like the drop shot button but not be held as long. It should be possible since we have a drop shot button.

Ah, I see what you mean.

It is possible, but difficult, as the legacies are all hard-coded. The macros use a nice GUI so that the end user has no need for coding to make a macro.

If you buy a macro, you also can relocate buttons to tacs as well (IE the B button for your panic knife).

The feature may or may not ever come out, but I assure you on the macro controller this is possible.

So if you would like to buy a macro, I'd say all for it for this reason.

DeusLoKi

I dont think that paying $170 for a macro controller is worth it for a dedicated knife/melee button. I think the $230 i already spent on my raven is more then i should have. I am a college student with little to no disposable income. I would like a Macro controller just dont got the cash. Even though i dont know what i would use it for except for COD or Gears. I dont think that i am the only one that wants this function in my controller. It not like its not possible since the controller practical dose it already.

NYjetsNY1

DeusLoKi said:
I dont think that paying $170 for a macro controller is worth it for a dedicated knife/melee button. I think the $230 i already spent on my raven is more then i should have. I am a college student with little to no disposable income. I would like a Macro controller just dont got the cash. Even though i dont know what i would use it for except for COD or Gears. I dont think that i am the only one that wants this function in my controller. It not like its not possible since the controller practical dose it already.

How about getting a turbo knife button?

At any rate, the legacy controllers may be getting a turbo-knife mod.

As I have said, "It is possible, but difficult, as the legacies are all hard-coded. The macros use a nice GUI so that the end user has no need for coding to make a macro."

The problem is, odingalt is the only one who can make it. It also is different because it is hard-coded. It is not simple.