delete this if you want just my bi***ing

modded matt

the viking is a great mod, but it was a 15 wire install with like 8 via solder points, and it really seems to be a big waste of my time now that it is completed and I cannot take full control of the mod, as it is not user editabe, owners must rely on viking to provide new programs for it. I want a rapid a button for res eveil 5..I have a controller that should be capable of doing it, but no program, and tomorrow I may want a rapid Y button to make my avitar jump up and down on 1vs100 again, I have a controller that will do it but no program. I think you should think along the lines of a user editable pc based interface. this is a way to make more money, as the presets are what comes with the chip, but if you want user control, you pay an additional $25 bucks for the software. god forbid anything ever happen to you, we would all be done for.

Fredrow

Well tell me this....

How many controller out there can be programed for other games???

How many controllers out there have all the features of this controller??

I see where your coming from. But look at it from our point of view. We have been selling controllers for about a month and a half now. Each controller to build takes about 2 to 3 hours each. We have done a lot of controllers so far. Plus we spend a lot of time helping customers with there problems. I myself am a full time college student and yes I am taking summer classes too. E has a full time job himself. With this and his job he works about 18 hours a day. We are trying hard to get more presets and codes for other games. But at the same time we have orders to complete too. I hope this didn't come off as me sounding like a dick, but please have a little more patience with us. Like I said earlier we have only been in business for a month and a half now.

Thanks.

blober54

so in other words fredrow..... the possibility of having a program that can change the code is possible... just time can tell if they have time/energy to look into the possibility :)

odingalt

Staff member
modded matt said:
the viking is a great mod, but it was a 15 wire install with like 8 via solder points, and it really seems to be a big waste of my time now that it is completed and I cannot take full control of the mod, as it is not user editabe, owners must rely on viking to provide new programs for it. I want a rapid a button for res eveil 5..I have a controller that should be capable of doing it, but no program, and tomorrow I may want a rapid Y button to make my avitar jump up and down on 1vs100 again

I don't see any requests in the game preset forums for RE5 and 1vs100. Please stop by the game development forum and post some of the games, and features you'd like to see for those games, so we can get them into our development queue. I understand your frustration, but we've only been open for 6 weeks now. Your patience (and your continued game and feature ideas) are both appreciated.

viewforum.php?f=23&start=0 The more specific you are, the better (i.e. I'd like to see rapidfire on this trigger and also this glitch, which is the button x, a delay of xx seconds, the button y, etc)

You have to realize that I spend maybe 30 minutes per week playing video games, and when I play it's only to test code. I don't even know what 1vs100 is? I really rely on the user's suggestions in the game development forum.

modded matt said:
, I have a controller that will do it but no program. I think you should think along the lines of a user editable pc based interface. this is a way to make more money, as the presets are what comes with the chip, but if you want user control, you pay an additional $25 bucks for the software. god forbid anything ever happen to you, we would all be done for.

If I ever get run over by a bus, or close shop, neither of which I plan to do until 2012, both the schematics and all of the original source code for our entire product will be posted on the website. There are a few DIY users here in the forums that have the capability to edit these source codes. For now, the sources will remain private to deter stealing of our intellectual property from places like Crownmods.

The software you are asking for would be a major piece of software that would really require an entire team of coders. I think it's a great idea, but it's really beyond the capability of a $100 controller. We have to keep a balance between cool features and value to our customer base. Developing Windows software, that is compatible with ALL of the wide range of Windows O/S available, is no simple task. It's complicated, and expensive.

I'll keep doing my best to support the games and features that Viking360 customers are asking for. Please keep hitting the game development forums with your ideas. Please realize that we already support a handful of glitches and special modes that the competition's $79.99 controllers don't even offer. Our customers have picked up Viking Sleepers anywhere from $80-$115 in the past few weeks. This is an incredible value. To get all the same functionality from the competition's controllers (take evil controllers, for instance) you would pay over $400 and have to buy 3 different controllers to get all the same glitches. And they are still not future upgradable.

Our customers are going to get continued support for popular games like CODMW2. There's a strong chance that customers of Crownmods and Evilmods will be paying and waiting yet again when COD:Modern Warfare 2 is released. Our customers won't pay a dime and will have the update over the internet minutes after it's released.

odingalt

Staff member
I should add that DIY customers are getting all this kick ass support for only $29. That's a steal lol :lol: Matt I promise if writing the softare you suggested was an easy task, I would have done it already - I'll tell you why - because I spend hours writing these game presets and I'd MUCH rather release a free piece of software to let users create their own presets, so they could share with each other, and I could stop coding and go drink Mai Tai's all day! :twisted:

modded matt

dont get me wrong guys I love my viking chip, and appreciate as well as understand the time that you guys put into it. I was one of the first diy installers in june. LOL 2 hours? it took me that long to tediously prep the via solder points (as I suggest all these points are preped before install starts) the things i listed above are just very simple rapid button press mods which I have done with 555 timers in the past, nad would just like to be able to only use this new controller for all my cheating needs LOL. as of now I got one new controller i play 1st person shooters with and then I have a box of other that are modded to do different things (5 rapid fire chips, hazer,Actlike you know, king mike, king mike, and another piece of crap from ebay) then I have one with tilt mod, one with two 555's for y a=one for x, one tore apart working with IR's on the sticks(fail), multipule led mods, muti test controllers.Ive never bought a pre mod, so believe me I am aware of the time and energy that goes into these things. I just see the potential for such great things with this mod, but no way to use it, I understand why as I stated in the start its just my bitching LOL. now I hear rumors of a new chip slated sometime in oct?

keep up the good work guys, I hope to see alot more inthe future...I believe I told you from the begining giving away new flash codes is obsurd, charge 5 bucks a game or something. (one time charge for each new game code)

Fredrow

modded matt said:
dont get me wrong guys I love my viking chip, and appreciate as well as understand the time that you guys put into it. I was one of the first diy installers in june. LOL 2 hours? it took me that long to tediously prep the via solder points (as I suggest all these points are preped before install starts) the things i listed above are just very simple rapid button press mods which I have done with 555 timers in the past, nad would just like to be able to only use this new controller for all my cheating needs LOL. as of now I got one new controller i play 1st person shooters with and then I have a box of other that are modded to do different things (5 rapid fire chips, hazer,Actlike you know, king mike, king mike, and another piece of crap from ebay) then I have one with tilt mod, one with two 555's for y a=one for x, one tore apart working with IR's on the sticks(fail), multipule led mods, muti test controllers.Ive never bought a pre mod, so believe me I am aware of the time and energy that goes into these things. I just see the potential for such great things with this mod, but no way to use it, I understand why as I stated in the start its just my bitching LOL. now I hear rumors of a new chip slated sometime in oct?

keep up the good work guys, I hope to see alot more inthe future...I believe I told you from the begining giving away new flash codes is obsurd, charge 5 bucks a game or something. (one time charge for each new game code)

I have one question?? How did you buy a DIY kit in June??? I don't think we were selling anything in June???? hahaha.......

odingalt

Staff member
Maybe it was the end of June. I think Matt saw my stuff over at Acidmods, a few kits went out late in June I believe.

modded matt

xXxICHAOSIxXx said:
caught lieing lol. just stop matt....

you sir are an idiot. that really has nothing to do with it. it was the first week in july now that I look at my bank statement if you really expect me to remember exactly when I ordered something, you are even more of a idiot than I thought. why would I lie, moron? off by a few days, so you call me a liar? grow up.
fredrow, you are wrong, there were kits that went out in June..even though they were mostly all replaced, they were going out in June. the main pic when you log in is a June pcb. you should know that??
If you guys cant handle constructive criticism and complements about your product better than a feeble attempt to insult my intelligence.....I guess I'll stop there, as the button test video is still wrong.

Fredrow

modded matt said:
xXxICHAOSIxXx said:
caught lieing lol. just stop matt....

you sir are an idiot. that really has nothing to do with it. it was the first week in july now that I look at my bank statement if you really expect me to remember exactly when I ordered something, you are even more of a idiot than I thought. why would I lie, moron? off by a few days, so you call me a liar? grow up.
fredrow, you are wrong, there were kits that went out in June..even though they were mostly all replaced, they were going out in June. the main pic when you log in is a June pcb. you should know that??
If you guys cant handle constructive criticism and complements about your product better than a feeble attempt to insult my intelligence.....I guess I'll stop there, as the button test video is still wrong.

WOW dude..... I didn't my joking around comment would touch a nerve with you...... I was brought into Viking360 June 28th and at that time I don't recall selling any DIY kits in June for the main point of not having a great tutorial on how to do it or even any great pictures at that point. But thanks to Blackburn who provided great pics for it.......And dude no one was insulting your intelligence well no one here from Viking 360. I just made a simple wise crack comment. I guess if you got that offended by it, then I'm sorry modded matt..........

haVOC1787

to be truthful you have everything you need basically. You have the hex files. so if you could back convert them you would have a starting source code. You would just have to know how to program in c,c++ in order to do it.

odingalt

Staff member
Well, I am waiting for a competing mod shop to release something similar to my modchip (I'm surprised no one has even leaked a little info on their coming products - I just hear a lot of "oh, we're working on something HUGE" posts). As soon as that happens, I can start looking into releasing a 'development' toolkit for the mod chip.

It just depends on whether or not the next mod shop to release a USB chip actually creates their own, or just decides to clone mine.

Blackburn

odingalt said:
Well, I am waiting for a competing mod shop to release something similar to my modchip (I'm surprised no one has even leaked a little info on their coming products - I just hear a lot of "oh, we're working on something HUGE" posts). As soon as that happens, I can start looking into releasing a 'development' toolkit for the mod chip.

It just depends on whether or not the next mod shop to release a USB chip actually creates their own, or just decides to clone mine.
LoL at CrownMods is all i have to say.

PS: Thanks for your comment Fredrow! :mrgreen: