differences

modded matt

what is the difference in the sleeper and duo?

is it a different chip, or just wired diferently?

how does the operation differ? sleeper only has one button, duo has two?

I got all the wiring done, just need to land it on the chip, place chip and button it up. I ran the sinc wire just incase.

dude, this is definatly a tough install, I hope its worth it in the end.

Fredrow

modded matt said:
what is the difference in the sleeper and duo?

is it a different chip, or just wired diferently?

how does the operation differ? sleeper only has one button, duo has two?

I got all the wiring done, just need to land it on the chip, place chip and button it up. I ran the sinc wire just incase.

dude, this is definatly a tough install, I hope its worth it in the end.

The difference is the SLEEPER is controlled by the SYNC button, so to turn it on/off or to change through the different modes you press the SYNC button.....With the duo you just press the tact switch to change through modes or to turn it on/off, if you ask me I like the duo better..............

And yes this is a very hard install but trust me its well worth it....

i agree, i crossed 2 wires and decided to redo it all tonight, guess i should have looked at my own diagrams when installing. im trying to make it look good and clean but with this many wires its hard.

Fredrow

Yeah its really hard at first, but as long as you use a little hot glue at points to run your wires you will be ok,
just look at your shell and visualize where it makes contact with the circuit board....

modded matt

the duo has two buttons, where as the sleeper only has the sinc button, I know the obvious differences. just not sure what extra functions if any come with the added button. (Why two buttons vs the one sinc)

like with open source, there is a sleeper which is only controlled by the sinc and you must cycle through all the modes to get to off. and then the other type has a button that you tap to quick turn on and off, and hold the button to switch modes.

dont mean to be a pain, I guess if I could find operating instructions it would clear up my questions, I just dont want to drill before I know what the options are.

@ gameroms, I did a hybred wiring, used some of your points and some of ??vikings?? I did not like the way he ran the face buttons under the pad, so I used your face button points and his other points. to stay out of the way of the face button pad, without cutting too much out of it. after all I plan to use this controller

Fredrow

modded matt said:
the duo has two buttons, where as the sleeper only has the sinc button, I know the obvious differences. just not sure what extra functions if any come with the added button. (Why two buttons vs the one sinc)

like with open source, there is a sleeper which is only controlled by the sinc and you must cycle through all the modes to get to off. and then the other type has a button that you tap to quick turn on and off, and hold the button to switch modes.

dont mean to be a pain, I guess if I could find operating instructions it would clear up my questions, I just dont want to drill before I know what the options are.

@ gameroms, I did a hybred wiring, used some of your points and some of ??vikings?? I did not like the way he ran the face buttons under the pad, so I used your face button points and his other points. to stay out of the way of the face button pad, without cutting too much out of it. after all I plan to use this controller

You hit it right on the button Matt...... The Sleeper you have to cycle through the modes, but with the DUO you can turn either left or right trigger on and cycle through the modes that way.....Plus the 2 big points is with the DUO if you wanted to turn your rapid fire off you just press the tact switch then when you turn it back on its in the same MODE as it was when you turned it off. The onther point is if you are using a rechargeable battier pack and you have it plugged into your Xbox charging you really cant turn your SLEEPER on with out having to unplug the cable because your charging cable covers the sync button up......
I have been doing RF controllers for a while now and I have always liked the 2 tact switches better because it is just easier to change through the MODES and is just all around more user friendly..... But then it gets back to the main point that its all about what you like......

modded matt

thank you. I think I will go with the duo, but I will locate tehm differently and may use a different tact switch, this is due to my constant use of the chat pad. thanks for your help, I can hopefully get this done this evening.

Fredrow

modded matt said:
thank you. I think I will go with the duo, but I will locate tehm differently and may use a different tact switch, this is due to my constant use of the chat pad. thanks for your help, I can hopefully get this done this evening.

In the forum "ANY THING GOES" I have pictures of my duo, and I put the Tact switches on top of the controller by the start/back buttons.....