Do I have a defective controller?

Wally SS

Not sure if I received a faulty model, or if I'm just missing something here, but the micro-usb port on the back seems to be too close to the paddle to actually plug in the cable.

I think I can get it if I give it a bit of force, but remembering how fragile the 360Macro was I'd rather not risk it until I get confirmation. Is the port supposed to be so far to the right like this? Did anyone else have issues getting it in against the paddle? I am using the cords provided with the controller, but the rubber is preventing it from plugging in completely. If I were to remove the paddle it might work but I'd rather not do that every time I want to edit it.

After waiting so long I'm disappointed. Surprised that there's only two buttons on the back, loved the four the macro provided, but I'll chalk that up to my poor reading comprehension. I'm also uncomfortable with the carbon fiber design on the pads themselves, but again I picked it and will learn to deal. The paint job is also a slight disappointment, much brighter than I had hoped, and has several imperfections (Lines, overlaps, splotches and a large bubble around one stick wall)

I'd still give it a good rating overall, these are all mostly cosmetic things I won't notice in a month, and I could happily overlook all of these imperfections if I could just get it to work.

Can I get some information please? Can post a picture if I need to.

bonefisher

Way I look at it is if you can not plug it in write a support ticket and send it back! Post a pic! Mine rides a little to one side but don't have problems plugging in!

JIM WALKER

Not sure if I received a faulty model, or if I'm just missing something here, but the micro-usb port on the back seems to be too close to the paddle to actually plug in the cable.

I think I can get it if I give it a bit of force, but remembering how fragile the 360Macro was I'd rather not risk it until I get confirmation. Is the port supposed to be so far to the right like this? Did anyone else have issues getting it in against the paddle? I am using the cords provided with the controller, but the rubber is preventing it from plugging in completely. If I were to remove the paddle it might work but I'd rather not do that every time I want to edit it.

After waiting so long I'm disappointed. Surprised that there's only two buttons on the back, loved the four the macro provided, but I'll chalk that up to my poor reading comprehension. I'm also uncomfortable with the carbon fiber design on the pads themselves, but again I picked it and will learn to deal. The paint job is also a slight disappointment, much brighter than I had hoped, and has several imperfections (Lines, overlaps, splotches and a large bubble around one stick wall)

I'd still give it a good rating overall, these are all mostly cosmetic things I won't notice in a month, and I could happily overlook all of these imperfections if I could just get it to work.

Can I get some information please? Can post a picture if I need to.

Mine is also a little tight but still works, I actually shaved a fraction off the rubber to make it fit even better, now have no issues.
As for the paddles, they are excellent, cannot see an issue re strength or design.
Paint job though, yea, I agree, pretty poor really, I am known for my own custom paint jobs on my headsets and controllers, this totally fails my standards, might even redo it sometime, once I am confident I won't need the warranty....

odingalt

Staff member
Ram it home. If it breaks, we'll cover it. It's a tigh tfit, it was a delicate balance between installing aftermarket paddles, installing an aftermarket jack, and still allowing the Microsoft headset plug to fit without touching any of those other aftermarket accessories (also without interfering with the battery cover operation).