Drivers

Gezilla

Now that the final preset is coming out does that mean their will be no more new drivers coming out for new games thanks so much for anyone that can help :D

Fredrow

Gezilla said:
Now that the final preset is coming out does that mean their will be no more new drivers coming out for new games thanks so much for anyone that can help :D

No.... There will be drivers made for new and up coming games, or unless E keeps working on the pre-set editor so that the customer can customize every button that is wired up to the Viking chip.....

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

ok this is my personal opinion i think e should focus 100% on the preset editor because the drivers a based on what you specify or the driver maker himself....where as if the preset editor becomes dominant you can make it whatever you want...I.E my ULTIMATE driver :) of corse its personal preference

Gezilla

Thanks alot for your answers i really do appreciate it.It is people like yall who keeps these fourms alive.Thanks again :cool: :mrgreen: :D

odingalt

Staff member
My goal is to ram everything into the custom preset editor. I mean everything. However I'm starting to max out the available memory in the mod chip. If I had my ruthers I would do away with the old 'legacy' drivers and put EVERYTHING in the custom preset editor. However this may not be possible on the existing platform. I'm continuing my work on optimizing my code so I can free up room and keep adding features.

There may also come a time (or a game) where creating yet another standalone legacy driver would make sense. Such as WWE smackdown.