Extended Warranty options?

Rob0tHD

I just ordered a Tyr's hand controller, hopefully I will get it in the next week or so, but I have a question about extended warranty options. Is it available? and if it is, what is the cost? Just interested in this because if your extended warranty options are within reason I will purchase it because my luck is terrible, and there's always a wire that comes loose right after the warranty expires. (past experience from another modding company, first time buyer from viking.)

Thanks,
Robot

NYjetsNY1

Read the fine print on extended warranty offered by our competitors. Nobody covers regular wear n' tear! We feel that extended warranty is a gimmick to get more money out of you, the customer. 95%+ of any problems are going to show up in the first two weeks.

We've been known to make repairs (tac switches) even outside of warranty when we know there is a reoccuring quality issue with our product.

You'll be fine. If there is a problem, it'll show up within the first 3 months.

Rob0tHD

okay thank you very much. and I already like viking and I don't even have my controller yet, the customer service is amazing.

NYjetsNY1

http://www.evilcontrollers.com/forms/EC_Repair_Form_Holiday.pdf

Evil's extended warranty. Quoted below:

"NOTICE:
Repair issues NOT covered under warranty
To expedite your repair service, we want you to be aware of some common issues with the controller that isn’t covered under our
warranty.
I. Thumb-sticks
These will wear down over time and lose grip. Once worn down, your controller is for the most part useless.
II. Analog Stick Mechanics
These will lose calibration over a long period of use or even become physically unresponsive. This happens frequently due to constant
use in games like Call of Duty (running) or Fighting Games that require excessive analog stick movements. When damaged, you will
notice “dead” zones when moving in games, the thumb-stick will feel loose or uncalibrated, and even the thumb-stick press will not
function most of the time
(example: knifing in COD).
III. Bumper buttons
These become squishy or unresponsive over a long period of use. This is due to the design of the controller. When you press down on
the bumpers, it will eventually bend the button on the inside making the function no longer work or poor feedback."

Viking360 warranty: Within 3-months you are covered. Out of that, we can fix it for free or a price - depending on the issue. We quote the work after we diagnose the controller. If it seems like a faulty modchip - often times we can repair it for free, you just have to pay shipping! Other times we actually have to do extensive work on the controller - which can get expensive to repair. This is just do to the customer not taking care of the controller. Even if you pay for evil's extended warranty - you still have to pay for a fix. Looks to me like a complete scam by evil.

Your Controller (viking or evil) is an investment. Owning a modded controller and not maintaining it is like "buying a Ferrari and not getting your oil changed."

As long as you take care of your controller - you should have zero issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

odingalt

Staff member
Also to note: software updates would not be covered under their extended warranty either. As far as I know most mod shops have similar extended warranty policies. The extended warranty is basically covering the modchip and modchip wiring, tac switches, etc.

Same as our warranty. Usually not covered: thumbsticks, bumpers, buttons - which are typically the things that are going to wear out or break over time.

View attachment EC_Repair_Form_Holiday.pdf