Faster assault rifles

Hey, on another website i have seen that with their mod, it allows for all the assault rifles (m16,FAMAS, M4, etc.) to shoot faster than normal with the mod on. i was wondering if the viking mods allows for the guns to shoot faster or is it only for semi auto guns?

odingalt

Staff member
I believe what you are refering to is jitter mod. Yes we have that. Here is a vid made using COD4 (yes our jitter mod works on COD6 as well):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0I0Z4eeiy8

Personally, if you watch the other mod chops videos closely, there is a drawback to the jitter mod - the rifle's scope has a tendency to freak out, making it harder to aim. Depending on the gun, your accuracy may or may not be adversely affecting with the jitter mod on. But, "Viking can do what any other mod can do", so we do have the jitter mod available in our Driver downloads. :)

I do use the jitter mod on some of the automatic shotguns to get a higher firing rate than normal rapidfire.

kristianz1

Yes. The jitter mode works extremely good on m16 and famas! With the full auto not a difference, so there it is better without. that is my experience :) !

odingalt

Staff member
SOCCERdude said:
I see how the jitter mode works but in this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOHk18qh ... r_embedded it shows that these guns can perform without the jitter mode. any ideas?

Correct. Some guns work better with 'regular' rapidfire mode (always mode 1 on our drivers). The jitter mod is an extra mode above and beyond 'regular' rapidfire that helps with three-round burst guns, shotguns, and the sniper rifle in specops play.

There are three types of guns in COD:MW2:

Single-fire guns, like the USP .45 pistol and the FAL, some shotguns and sniper rifles. By using 'regular' rapidfire, these guns become full auto.
Three-round burst guns, like the FAMAS. Some of the shotguns. Etc. By using jitter mod you can speed up the firing rate of these guns.
Full-auto guns. Rapidfire and jitter mod are rather useless since these guns are already full auto.

I guess to put it otherwise, I don't see anything in the video you linked that the Viking doesn't already do. :D