Flash Key

odingalt

Staff member
Hello,

We retired the old purple flashing key in favor of the new 3.5mm jack. It requires a smaller hole (seems to look sleeker) than the old-style hole we had to drill to be able to insert the purple flashing key. Plus the cable is a lot sturdier in the 3.5mm jack than the old purple flashing key.

Or do you mean you got the old-style controller, but we made a mistake and included a 3.5mm to USB flashing cable instead of the purple flashing key ???

emperor obama

Actully I got nothing but a controller and ipod usb that goes into the back of the controller. I just ordered it 4 days ago, and recenlty the sites products page has changed so im guessing i got the older model.

odingalt

Staff member
So you're telling us you got a completely unmodified controller??? Can you take a picture of the front and back of the controller?

If you got a 3.5mm-to-USB white cable (IPOD USB), then there should be a 3.5mm jack on the back of the controller.

I just received the IPOD cables on Monday, so you probably actually got the newer style. I wouldn't have been able to ship with an IPOD cable before Monday.

A Saints Sinx23

well can somebody help me? because the controller i just revcieved today had nothing on the back of the controller. all i got in the pack was the controller, and a plug that is a usb on 1 end, and the other end is the plug that plugs into the top of my controller like the cable that charges the rechargable batteries. so i dont know what the deal is.

EduardoBean16

A Saints Sinx23 said:
well can somebody help me? because the controller i just revcieved today had nothing on the back of the controller. all i got in the pack was the controller, and a plug that is a usb on 1 end, and the other end is the plug that plugs into the top of my controller like the cable that charges the rechargable batteries. so i dont know what the deal is.

lol. you probably got one of the pnc controllers..you use that play n charge cable to plug it into your computer...lol.... :roll:

A Saints Sinx23

so then i didnt get the controller i paid for??? how am i supposed to plug it in and change what mods i want on it, like it said i can do

EduardoBean16

you got a better one...i would prefer the pnc than the little flash key shit..lol...follow the tut on the support page but instead of plugging in the flash key n crap ust plug in the play n charge cable to the top of the controller and plug the usb end into your computer..

A Saints Sinx23

yea i tried that, but no matter what i do, it wont register on my laptop. it says no device is detected. i cant get it to detect on the little prgram

A Saints Sinx23

yep. i tried it and nothin, oh and by the way it is a son of a bitch to hit that sync button lol. its under the plug that goes on my controller. i have to get a skinny knife to press it cuz its so hard to get to

odingalt

Staff member
Thanks for reporting back, I can't apologize enough, it sounds like we sent the wrong cable with the controller! A 3.5mm to USB, instead of sending you the extra Play n' Charge cable.